IGNORED

350v6 into a 280?

ssheldon

Unless you're slightly crazy, bored, been there and done that type of guy, seriously consider doing something like a small block chevy v8 instead; you're talking major amounts of money savings and time if you're looking to burn some serious rubber.

Unless you're slightly crazy, bored, been there and done that type of guy, seriously consider doing something like a small block chevy v8 instead; you're talking major amounts of money savings and time if you're looking to burn some serious rubber.

I agree! I think if you are looking for horsepower (lots of it), you can get the best bang for the buck by doing a SBC conversion. Be advised however, once you wander into the relm of over 300 HP in an early Z, you want to consider addressing the stiffness of the chassis, the strength of the drivetrain components, and the efficiencey of your brakes (to slow the beast down). JTR has conversion kits available for the SBC. It all a matter of time and $$$.

i don't know. a sbc may have the best bang for buck factor with this type of swap, but it's still a chevy engine in a datsun. if i was going to swap anything it would be either a sr20 or rb. plenty of guys have done this swap, so there is pllenty of info on how. plus it's a nissan engine in a nissan chassis.

i don't know. a sbc may have the best bang for buck factor with this type of swap, but it's still a chevy engine in a datsun. if i was going to swap anything it would be either a sr20 or rb. plenty of guys have done this swap, so there is pllenty of info on how. plus it's a nissan engine in a nissan chassis.

There have certainly been many SR20 & RB conversions, and sticking with a Nissan engine is not anything new for the Nissan purists. But my feelings are; once you yank the L6 out of the Z, it has lost some of its original personality! Please don't get me wrong, I'm not apposed to anyone stuffing in whatever sort of engine they wish, I was just agreeing that the lowest cost per horse power is a SBC conversion! Additionally, I don't think the Nissan chassis cares or even knows what engine sits within.....only the owner really cares. The only negative thing I can think of by stuffing in a Nissan V6 is complying with the current smog nazi's.

I'm not saying that people who put non-nissan engines in their zeds are wrong or anything like that. I agree it probably is the best bang for the buck. especially when upgradeing the engine. Allot easier to get sbc parts than jdm engine parts, and prolly cheaper too. it just doesn't feel right.... but that's just my opinion, thake it for what it's worth.