IGNORED

Dumb question: 71 240Z Windshield Washer

johncdeere

Like I said, dumb question.

Did the 71 240Z have a windshield washer? The switch is there but no tank and no evidence of washer nozzles. I know that the lever could have been changed at any time and might not be original.

Anyone know if they all had them or when the started?

John

On LHD cars, the 71 had the bottle under the inspection lid on the Left side of the car. The pump was mounted on the bottle at the bottom. The washer nozzles were fed by clear tubing (probably yellowish with age by now) and white "T" connectors. The nozzles peeked out of the cowl ribs, but were attached to the top most part of the firewall with phillips screws.

If they're not there, then they've been removed. You can get replacements, check with the vendors. In the meantime use YELLOW Rain-X on the outside of your glass.

HTH

Enrique

Thanks. It's not there. Not the Highest priority, but on the long list.

Another short list problem. I had to get wiper blades when one came off last night. Lucky I let the parts place man try to mount the "univeral" wiper blades. He broke 2 before getting one to "fit."

They work but the frame doesn't flex enough for the tips to contact the glass completely. Any special wipers y'all use?