240Z in Aunger Advert - Australia & NZ - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

240Z in Aunger Advert

Featured Replies

A Blast from the past.

Australian advert from Sports Car World April 1973.

Aunger louvre advert featuring a Ford Falcon and a Datsun 240z.

post-1278-1415079526277_thumb.jpg

Right. he, he. I knew that, seriously, I was just testing you guyes! :stupid:

What's the other car in the ad? It says "351 GT" on the rear; is it a Ford pony car that we didn't get in the States? Looks cool from what I can see. :classic:

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

If my memory is correct, it was also known as a Cobra.

Very much a muscle car, 2 door sporty config.

MOM

Yup, America actually missed out on at least ONE great muscle car... the one in the picture is an XA ;)

Yes spot on, although it isn't a C or Cobra.

Interesting link Gee, next time I see a Cobra for sale and going cheap I'll nab it.

With only 400 produced it's definatly a rarity.

MOM

  • Author

Alfa's right. Its an XA. The XB hadnt been released yet (at the time of publication), and the XB had horizonal side markers, where as the XA had verticle ones.

And for the record Aussie 240z's didnt have side markers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.