IGNORED

Pics from Japan

73skyline

For some reason I couldn't get the file to run. :( Probably 'cause I'm in the States?

Do you mean it wouldn't download as in a broken link???

It's a pretty slow server give it time. The file is 11mb

If you can get it to run the video once downloaded what version of Windows Media player are you running provided your running windows?

Haha, ive been away for a week or so and theres a plethora of goodies now! Great pics, great vid, does santa have anything else to provide? Ah and mikey, have you ever landed in the land of the rising sun before? Cheers,

Tom

....... the (Original?)No6 works car being punted around Fuji Speedway by Motoharu "Gan san" Kurosawa, a much reverred racedriver whom I suspect raced these in their heyday. I know he raced the Nissan R382 (Can-Am looking V12 powered beast, not unlike the Mclaren M8a) to success in 196(9?).

Hi Jim,

Unfortunately it isn't an original 'Works' car. It is a race car built by 'R-Factory' using quite a lot of modern componentry. The transmission, suspension and brakes are nothing like the spec of the original Works cars.

And this sequence was shot at Sugo circuit rather than FISCO. Sugo is a really great little circuit with a lot of elevation change, and has an atmosphere that reminds me quite a lot of Brands Hatch here in the UK. I have been to see all sorts of races at Sugo - including Group C and Group A ( in the era of the R32 GT-R's dominance ) and it was always a great place for a spectator, with lots of good vantage points within reasonable walking distance.

Kurosawa was one of Nissan's top SCCN team drivers ( nicknamed the 'Seven Samurai' ) back in the Sixties and early Seventies, and drove in lots of different machinery and categories. He even drove Works circuit race Z cars with some success.

By all accounts he's a bit of a miserable sod though LOL

Hope you don't mind my correction.

Cheers,

Alan T.

Thanks Alan, I had my suspicions about the car...still sounds good though!

Would you believe I was going to ask the question about the "Seven Samurai" in that post! Typing "Gan San" made the phrase pop into my head, and I thought " there's something I must ask of Mr Thomas, what is the story of the "Seven Samurai". I only know the term relates somehow to group of drivers associated with the development of the Skyline through the late sixties.

Mate, I will happily post any sorta crap if it will entice your goodself to tell us a bit more of the Prince and Skyline history LOL . Sad I know but hey....it's a corner of history that has me by the goolies LOL

Thanks mate,

Jim.

Speaking of miserable sods, if you've ever watched an interview with him about a particular special car he's just driven he's always at best morose... you just can't get the guy excited... hilarious...

-e

Thanks Alan, I had my suspicions about the car...still sounds good though!

Doesn't it just! It has been bumped up to around 2.3 ( big bore kit and longer stroke crank ) and has a straight pipe with side exit - so that helps a bit. I hope my one sounds even half as good as that when its installed and running......

Mate, I will happily post any sorta crap if it will entice your goodself to tell us a bit more of the Prince and Skyline history LOL . Sad I know but hey....it's a corner of history that has me by the goolies LOL

It got my goolies as well :eek:

I think a lot of the attraction comes from the fact that

we have to dig deep to find the treasures.

Cheers,

Alan T. :classic:

man all this talk about these old race videos made me search for my old tapes, i found 1 so far of old fairladys, c10,c110, bluebirds and other imports racing on some track in japan i forget, ill verify later when i get home and watch it again, its a long video of these cars racing. if i had the technology to put it on CD id do it to make everyone a copy...its a real good video...fairlady and skyline enthusiast would cry watching these cars in action racing each other. ill let people know what track they are racing on and possibly take a digi pic and see if anyone else have seen this tape. \\mikey