IGNORED

WA Datsun meet - every second Wednesday of each month

pro240c

Hi all.

second wednesday night of next month (that's May folks, the 11th to be exact) - and hopefully every second wednesday of each month after that - there will be an informal meet at

Fast Eddies

Morley Galleria

7:00pm

i look forward to seeing whoever shows up on the 11th.

ciao.

W.A. is also an abbreviation for "Western Australia". In this case, it would be quite a long drive for you to attend this meeting :)

pro240c, Is this an "Ozdat" meeting? Or a Datsun 510 meeting? Note that there is also a monthly meeting of the W.A. Z-register in Perth too (last Sunday of every month, www.wazcars.com)

you're correct - it's an OZDAT meeting and it's in WESTERN AUSTRALIA - hence it's in the "Australia" regional discussion.

we're definitely NOT an excusive "510 only" club - our president drives an FJ20DE powered 180B wagon.

all datsuns are welcome - from a 1936 P211 Prince right up to the last 280ZX. hell, even if you don't own a datto but enjoy seeing them and chatting about them you're welcome to show up.

Hmmm heres some food for thought, pro240c. Found this JDM Cedric just 2 blocks from my house...And its a diesel! Check out that slug-like droop tip on the 'zorst.

Thats not a JDM cedric, its an aussie 240C. Dont let the fender mirrors fool ya, even early aussie 240z's had fender mirrors. They wacked an extra mirror on the door too, just to coufuse the driver.

And i think that econo diesel badge was lifted of a different car like a mazda econo van.

Probaly put on there as a joke.

My zed has a downward facing zorst tip too.

Ahhh thanks for the clarification, craig. But aren't i correct in thinking that the 'C' in 240C suggests cedric? I seem to recall it being mentioned in a previous thread - maybe ive been confused?

I have a downward exhaust tip too, but not nearly as pronounced as the one on this car, i was exemplifying the pronouncement of it. Maybe mine isnt prnounced enough!? :D

Yeah you're right about the 240C being the same bodyshape as the Cedric in Japan! The Gloria was the same too, just with a slightly different bonnet and interior spec and probably a hundred other little things!

BTW, the "limp" pipe doesn't do it for me LOL :squareeye

Yeah Cedric is to 240C as Fairlady Z is to 240Z (well near enough).

Calling it a JDM cedric implies that it was sold in Japan and privatly imported to Australia, in which case it wouldn't have 240C badges, it would have cedric badges. i guess.

So whose gonna show up at fast eddies on wednesday May 11?