IGNORED

1972 Skyline GT exhaust pics

g72s20

System is labelled Fujitsubo Giken Main Factory.

Very nice stainless but dirty! very heavy duty 6 into 2 extractors. Very solid twin system through a midmount muffler to a large twin outlet rear muffler. I like the flanged and bolted couplings.

post-6441-14150795046581_thumb.jpg

post-6441-14150795071553_thumb.jpg

post-6441-14150795072254_thumb.jpg

post-6441-14150795072616_thumb.jpg

post-6441-14150795072982_thumb.jpg

Very, very sexy system, i think this inspires me to take some pics of my own :D ! I like the fact that its a twin system the whole way through. Muffler isnt too large though, whats the diameter of one of the two pipes?

Hi ya Tom,

I just put the verniers across one and it comes up 51mm or 2"...take your pick!

P.s. You don't mean the chrome bits do you?

I just checked...same O.D. anway, which gives in I.D. of 45mm.

Fujitsubo still make extractors and exhaust systems for both the old skylines and zeds.

They look very nice indeed!

now all we need is a sound clip!

*in the meantime do you have a written description of the sound Jim? any likes/dislikes?

Hey Vincent,

(should call you "Black Shadow!) Sorry, no recordings yet. Yair, I saw these systems for sale on JP Yahoo and thought ya gotta be kiddin' when I figured the cost, but a close inspection shows a heavy gauge, very well built system...so I s'pose you pay for what you get.

Ther is nothing I dislike about the sound. It is different to anything I've heard before. It barks a bit when poked..and for some reason I get a silly grin when this happens :laugh: :ermm:

I've always been happy at the sound of a six through a twin system. My mid seventies pride and joy was a HR 186 S 4 speed with a 350 holley and a genie dual system. It was a very unusual sound back then, nothing at all like the big bore single systems.

I think Goulburn will be a smorgasbord of sound! Make sure you get along!

Jim.

I got to say, the sound of Jim's car being used in anger is one of the best sounding cars i have heard in my life!

maybe the BBC should do a soundbite CD based on the great nissan's of the world :D and Jim's should be on it!