IGNORED

Supercharged 280Z :) hmm what a sound

During Sundays track day for ZFest, John Coffey was suppose to be testing a supercharged 280Z, I'm sure it was cancelled due to rain. I'm wondering if this is the same car. Anybody know?

Vicky

Hi Vicky,

That was John, here is a note regarding the video he had posted when someone asked if that was John.

"That was me. They caught the end of my last lap during a brake test.

After I crossed the finish line the first time in the video I started a

cool down lap.

The blower setup is pretty cool. Engine made good, usable power from

about 2,500 to 7,000 and just kept pulling. I lugged it down to 1,500

and floored it a few times and it pulled well even from that low an rpm.

It will be a good alternative to a turbo if someone is looking for that."

-----

John Coffey

Yep, looks like fun!

Craig

• 2 months later...

Hey all...

That's my car...

If you're in Florida we'll have it on the Sebring Long Coarse this saturday (5/14)!

Please come join us! We'll finally get to check out the awesome work John Coffey did on the suspension.

Most of the people in our club are going to attend... 3 members have signed up to drive the rest are coming for the barbeque and ride along program.

We're having a barbeque, setting up some canopys, and Chin Motorsports will provide ride alongs in the car of your choice for $20 ... basically for 20 bucks you could sit in the passenger seat of some very fast cars with competent drivers all day long! You might even get to ride along in the supercharged Z if time permits!

Info can be found at http://flzclub.com/forum/showthread.php?p=245#post245

Regards

Ken

Yes that's a custom fiberglass hood that we made. I have the mold if anyone would like a copy!

Anyway, the next manifold (currently almost finished) will relocate the supercharger and it will fit under a stock hood.

You guys have to get Sport Z Magazine! All this stuff is in there!!!

Ken

• 3 weeks later...

Yes I'm seriously considering it.

I'm currently fabricating the next version of the manifold which will allow the supercharger to fit under the stock hood.

I would have to sell 12 kits on the initial run to make it worthwhile.

• 4 months later...