IGNORED

Line to fusable link

san_maru_zed

Im hooking up an EFI system in a 260z. On my L28E diagram it shows the power for a relay coming from a fusable link. The relay is not physically in the engine bay and I am not going to run a wire out to the physical fusable link.

Which wire would be best to wire it to? The white power wire that goes into the voltmeter, or the white/red one which comes out of the voltmeter and goes to my alternator. Does it really matter ?

Cheers

Im hooking up an EFI system in a 260z. On my L28E diagram it shows the power for a relay coming from a fusable link. The relay is not physically in the engine bay and I am not going to run a wire out to the physical fusable link.

Sorry I'm not up to speed on the letter designations of the L28. What year car was the donor for all the EFI parts? Were you able to obtain all the related parts for the swap? Did it come from the ZX or earlier, first generation? Have you looked at the wiring diagram for the donor vehicle to see where the wire would have hooked up?

Which wire would be best to wire it to? The white power wire that goes into the voltmeter, or the white/red one which comes out of the voltmeter and goes to my alternator. Does it really matter ?

If, the non US market cars were of similar format of wiring (and in this case, I am following the circuit for the '77, which may or may not be the same to yours) the W/R wire from the alternator provides 'main power' to all circuits, the W/R wire from the voltmeter is a fused feed off the main.

Wayne

wal280z, my wiring is all over the shop. The engine was from an R30 skyline which had previously had an L24E in it. The wiring was far from complete when I got it. The closest wiring diagrams I can find that match the ECU are an L24E. I have pretty much finished the wiring of everything, just now finishing splicing it into my 260z wiring. when looking where to wire the cable in qustion, I cam across a wire that the previous owner had installed and it was labelled "constant power", well that was good enough for me, and where it was situated made it quite easy to wire in.

Hopefully when I go to start it (hopefully within the next 12 hours), everything wont blow up, as Im not even 100% what kind of ECU I have...Im guess making an educated guess !