SU stub stacks and K&N filters - Carburetor Central - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

SU stub stacks and K&N filters

Featured Replies

Anyone know if stub stacks (AKA velocity stacks) are worth the extra money when using aftermarket filters such as K&N? I think they're around $30 each. Supposedly they make the air flow into the carb smoother and more uniform, but I'm wondering if they're really worth the money. Thanks -

michael

All the info I have heard is that they are "worth it" on SU carbs, no matter what air filter is being used. That's why the stock Z has them built into the OEM filter housing. At one time the Z Therapy website had a write up on this subject. I don't know if it's still there.

I concure with Carl. The only bummer is that you hide those beautiful aluminum velocity stacks under the K&N filters. These stacks do smooth out and increase the velocity of the air coming into the carbs. Also, changing the length of the stacks will move your performance power band a little......longer stacks, better low end....shorter stacks, better high end.

Yes, velocity stacks are functional they aren't there just for looks. If you don't want to spend the money just cutout the stock ones from the original backing plate.

very functional..... i have that exact same setup in mine..... excellent performance... :D

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

Thanks for all the advice guys. I'll go for the stacks.

Michael

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.