What the hell is a BCDD? - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

What the hell is a BCDD?

Featured Replies

Boost Controlled Decelleration Device. When you get your foot out of the gas, it stabilizes the idle-necessary because of the abrupt change in vacuum-if I understand it correctly.

Will

Will is correct! It was a smog prevention device. Typically when you get out of the gas you will get a richer condition until the rpm subsides....the smog police didn't like this situation as you can imagine.

  • Author

Thanks guys. I just called Nissan and they want $323 for a new one! eeeeeebay !!!! :D

I have a complete '76 engine I will sell you for less!

If you have a non egr intake, we could trade complete intakes...

Will

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

Actually I just bought a mint condition 1980 280zx engine that has been in storage for 25 years. Only had 1900 miles on it. So the BCDD that I need is for an 80 and it's located on the intake not on the throttle body. See diagram above also see the engine at:

http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=14002

Follow the pvc hose to the left end of it, go straight up and you will see a flat spot on the intake manif. that's where it mounts.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.