IGNORED

Ok, here is the poll!

hls30.com

Does using "FACTORY" interchanged parts in a restoration hurt its authenticity?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Does using "FACTORY" interchanged parts in a restoration hurt its authenticity?

• Yes
    • No

They'll ony be worth more if I'm not the one doing the buying!

I would not buy one that well kept to drive, I at this point in my life, I wouldn't buy one to put up for any purpose but to have a good starting point later-unless the price was right

Of cours putting a non authentic part will work in a pinch for anyone, replacing it later with the "right piece" is the part that makes most of us fall away..

Will

There was a time where I really wanted a Nikon SP Rangefinder -- the precursor to all the later Nikon pro 35mm cameras like the F, F2, and F3, etc. I had the first three but thought it would be nice to have that professional camera from the late 50's/60's. One day I actually found one for sale with three lenses and other accessories for only $200. I bought it in a heartbeat. Needless to say the same cameras easily get 10 times that much (and more) on eBay when they come up. The long and the short of it is, the camera is in such minty shape, I'm afraid to use it as it was intended -- to take pictures. So now what I have is an expensive paperweight, lovely to look at, but not much good to use as it was intended. I believe cars are intended for driving, I would have probably been better off finding a user SP, with signs that the previous owner really loved to use it -- it wouldn't be worth as much, but a lot more fun. Gary