IGNORED

Does anyone recognise these wheels?

EricB

Alan, the Central 20 'Sport Z' wheels on your friend's ZG look like exact replicas of the wheels on the Z432R racer pictured in post 12 that I thought were made by KS. Is this car not a factory racer? A Sports car club of Japan car? I was thinking that it was a works car because it has all the right bits.

Hi Ben,

That's one of the cars owned by the Katori brothers in Chiba. I've seen it in the flesh, along with another '432R' that they own ( another very patinated original car ).

The one in the photos is not an ex-Works SCCN car, but it does indeed have quite a lot of the 'right' bits.

There's a bit of a grey area around its exact identity. Lets just say that it was modified a long time ago, but most probably *not* by Nissan or any of their regional teams...... I'll tell you a little more about it in a PM.

I'm not sure if the wheels it is wearing are a set of painted Central 20 'Sport Z' four-spokes or a set of the 'Gotti' / Kobe Seiko 4-spokes used on the Works Bluebird circuit cars ( certainly not the Cherry versions, because of the size ). I can look into it a little further though. I'll ask a few people.

Cheers,

Alan T.

• 5 weeks later...
On Yahoo Auctions Japan .

Says "Rare genuine Nissan Mags 9Jx15 for S30 Z"

They have the "hamburger"

Cheers,

Jim.

The ones on the white ZG in your photo are in fact replicas. A short ( very short ) run of replicas was made a few years back by the owner of the car ( Ise san - who is a fellow member of Club S30 in Japan ) and they are unfortunately not fully tested and approved. He was recently putting together plan to manufacture a fresh limited-edition run of replicas, but the price is going to be enormous ( and I mean enormous ).

The pair of wheels currently running on the Yahoo auction that g72s20 linked us to are a pair of Ise san's second run of replicas. He has had a very limited edition second run manufactured by the Hayashi Racing factory in aluminium, using an original wheel as a pattern. Hayashi were able to meet all the regulatory standards covering road wheels, so they are road legal.

Only five sets are available, and they are being sold off in pairs. Expect to see them reach over 250,000 Yen per pair, or not reach the reserve price........

Alan T.