IGNORED

Not a nice christmas pressie :(

Llama

I have been keeping my 240k out on the street for the past week or so, as our driveway has been full up with other cars we are minding/driving, and the other day I needed to move my car and got a rude shock :(

The drivers side mirror had been ripped off. all that was left was a small peice of the mounting bracket with the two screws holding it in place. the neighbours said they heard a crunch the night before but didnt see anything, and the leftover mirror is no where to be seen. Im guessing this is just plain vandalism which makes me pretty angry, because it would be very hard to clip the mirror as the orig mirrors are so small they barely stickout from the car itself and there was no other damage.

Anyway, I've been asking around at several wreckers in melbourne for a replacement part, but have had no luck. Im getting scared that i wont be able to find a replacement for quite some time, and was just wondering if any of you guys could save me :nervous:. Even if you knew of a set of mirrors which look very similiar/require little adapting that I could pickup somewhere off of a similiar vintage car.

Apart from this i had a good christmas, got some more auto tools and my collection is coming along now :)

[Edit: Here is a picture of what happened]

mirrordmg.jpg

I have no idea what a fair price would be so I ask for wayyyyyy toooooooo much and we can haggle from there. I will beat any price from a wrecker...not by much...including postage.

All money I gather from selling datto bits goes into rally/bash/escape car and entry fee for Cytsic Fibrosis Great Escape 2005 ... see more at

http://www.thegreatescape.org.au/

we are the 3 nuns in car 56

Sister Leon (the short fat hairy one)

Thanks for all the replies guys, sorry i havnt replied sooner i havnt been home much lately.

I will give Warren a call in the next few days hopefully, ill keep looking around in the mean time.

yeah I wish I could get bonnet mirrors but have no sources for them, and I think at the moment I would rather just have two working mirrors :D (But if anyone knows anywhere I could get a set :P)

And thanks for checking leon.