IGNORED

Autocross Damage

Sulla

Hi I have made a deal for a car pending final inspection. Its a 260z that the owner used to drive and autocross. I am wondering what to check for that could be broken from autocrossing. I know the front swaybar mount needs fixed but that seems to be very common. The car has an L28 with triple webbers and header, performance springs, swaybars, bushings etc. It also still has the air and heater hooked up and the inside is not to bad but I have all the pieces to make it look perfect I think. Any way excited to get the car but want to make sure to know what damage to look for besides rust.

Ask the guy selling the Z where he services the car at and ask the name of the mechanic who works on the guy's Z,if he says he just takes the car to any old shop or if he does his own maintance & repairs.if your hesitant & unsure then locate a shop in your area that specializes in the Z's and get the Z inspected this will cost you some loot maybe $100 ask the guy if he will split it with you so you both know exactly what condition the Z is in and then you can base your decision to buy the Z or not maybe get it cheaper to ZyaL8er 1970 240Z -F54-0.120mm ob-73z rods 133mm-9-Ld28 crank(s)-w/free floating pins & teflon buttons-J&E flattops w/79 dist-E12-80 ign mod w/N42 head w/75 non egr F.I. w/ 77 5speed w/88 visicios lsd diff

I would be concerned about the condition of the engine and the transmission on a car that had been autocrossed. (transmission more than engine, actually) Does it shift smooth through ALL gears? Any grinding (even the least little bit) as you shift?

Have the car checked out thoroughly as previously stated for your protection.

Well unless the body is messed up I have 6 parts cars, about 3 good transmissions and tons of other parts. I am just worried about having to put the body on a machine to get it strait:) Of spending a lot of time welding things back together. But parts those I have. But then again if somethings wrong I will see if I can get a better price;)

• 17 years later...