Door fabrication Australia? - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Door fabrication Australia?

Featured Replies

Hey guys, recently a bit of rust in my doors made me realise I need to take care of it now and forever so i can just forget about it and move on with the rest of the car. So at the moment my priority is fixing up my door skins.

It's quite unusual on my Z the inner skins are stuffed but the outer skins are actally not all bad.

I'm looking into a few options but i know a few members here in Australia make replacement sections or know who's good and who isn't.

So if anyone can post some links to places or give some details on where i can either find a really good set of second hand <b>240z</b> doors or fabricated panels.

Thanks heaps.

  • Author

Thanks for that I've heard the Rare Spares doors arn't the best fit and the doors are pretty thin guaged compared with standard :(.

I know all Z parts make some door skins but my problem is i need the inner doors more than the actual skins.

Its doubtful that the inner frame part of the door, or part of it, would be available new. If its rusted at the bottom I'd look at shaping a suitable piece of flat panel steel and welding it in. If it requires much more repair than that then s/h doors would be the go.

  • Author

Yeah I've taken a closer look and although they are bad in places I think the best bet would be to repair the existing doors. At least they seem to fit well and would be the correct guage steel etc.

I'm gonna get in contact with Warren at Zworx here in Melbourne I believe Rob who used to own the place and has had experience for years now would be the best and safest bet. I'll keep you guys posted on what happens either way :)

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.