IGNORED

MSA power window kit

drunkenmaster

I bought one, and they just slapped a label on the box instead of opening it up and checking it out. The manufacturer sells direct for less than the MSA price, and has a web site. I will post the specifics in a bit.

While I have not installed the kit yet-the car is on a rotisserie-but, the kit is very complete(if generic). It appears to be well made, and unlike the JC Whitney kit I bought years ago, has replacement parts available. I have run the mechanisms electricaly, and they are smooth and pretty quiet-though I would expect a bit more noise with a door as a resonator.

Will

VPA International is the manufacturer, their website is located at: http://www.auto-accessories.com/

The kit MSA sells for $220 is a #80217C, and is available direct from VPA for $159.23 plus shipping.

The instructions are detailed and drawn out-7 pages worth-if you would like me to emial them to you, just send me your email address.

Will

There isn't really any fabrication or customization, it is more of use the parts that fit(there is quite a selection of adapters), and mount the pieces up. All of the required parts come with the kit, you just have to remove the door trim panels, drill 6-8 holes in each door, screw the pieces down, run the wires, and put the panels back on, figure out where to put the switches, and enjoy your new automatic 255 Air conditioning(2 windows down, @55 mph)!

I'll scan the documentation and send it out shortly!

Will

• 11 months later...
  • 4 years later...

getting around to install this in my z and was wonder how you guys ran the wires. Under the door panel or inside the door. Seems you need to cut a hole to run the wire inside the door. Unless yall got those new rubber arms I've been told about :)

let me know the best way

thanks