IGNORED

Powder Coated 240Z Suspension Finished

S30TRBO

Here is the link to the pics that the powder coater took for me with a disposable camera. I will get better up close pics but it turned out awesome. I did most of the under coating and paint removal before bringing it to him and he took care or the rest.

Here we go:

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2390495093&code=12898485&mode=invite&DCMP=isc-email-AlbumInvite

The final color is a textured black and grey hammer tone, since my Z will be grey with black over fenders when finished.

Reassembly will begin this weekend, I'm so excited ROFL:D:D :classic: :classic: ROFL

I'm thinking of doing the same. Many before have done this and I'm wondering if it is the best way to go.

I understand that powder coating is a charged powder applied to parts then they are placed in a oven to form the final product. My guess is that the powder some how bonds with itself to cover the item.

Why choose powder coating over banked enamal or got old hammerite paint????

I'm thinking of doing the same. Many before have done this and I'm wondering if it is the best way to go.

I understand that powder coating is a charged powder applied to parts then they are placed in a oven to form the final product. My guess is that the powder some how bonds with itself to cover the item.

its roughly ten times more durable then paint. It bonds with the metal on a molecular level(if prepped and shot properly, this is what i have always been told) so if the metal is prepped right there is no chance of rust ever developing.

I went back and forth with the same reasoning. Should I prep it and paint it myself, or spent the extra money and get it done and over with for good. I chose that finish because I plan on driving the Z so with the textured finish I don't have to worry about chips or scratches. If I was building it as a show car or trailer queen I would have went more glossy but that is more prone to scratch easier than a textured finish.

There are thousands of colors, styles and textures to go with. It comes down to your preference, I plan on keeping her forever, so it's a wise investment. Before my suspension looked awful and had a mixture of 30 year old Ziebart and discolored, faded and missing paint. I will show you pictures once it is all assembled.

its roughly ten times more durable then paint. It bonds with the metal on a molecular level(if prepped and shot properly, this is what i have always been told) so if the metal is prepped right there is no chance of rust ever developing.

Correct, plus mine was chemical baked after the final sand blasting to ensure the quality and help add the the life of the coating.

Correct, plus mine was chemical baked after the final sand blasting to ensure the quality and help add the the life of the coating.

Chemical baked? that must be fairly new or rarely used cause ive never headr of it. id liek to see some close up pics of the quality of the texture if its possible. Getting textured finishs perfectly even is an art in itsself.