IGNORED

Badges

The C110

Gday all,

Im in the market for some rear quater panel Skyline badges to fit a c110. Also, perhaps some smilarily placed 'gt' badges if possible? And at a long shot a rear light assembly panel 2000gtx badge? Any help appreciated,

Regards

Tom

post-7187-14150794459268_thumb.jpg

Yeah shes a bit of a beauty hey,

Dont sweat it, if you cant find one ill dig one up somwhere...Just arrived home from trip #1 to wreckers - i suspect there will be many more. All of the Osborne Park wreckers stock nothing before 1986...sigh. Looks like ill be venturing into the waaaaaaaay outer suburbs [malaga, landsdale]...

I have a few badges here and there but I some are missing pins and even those I'm pretty keen on hanging onto, I've got a rear quarter 'Skyline' badge sitting in my grille, I was going to (eventually) get around to making some copies up for my car but that's a wee way off. I've also got to make a trip to the local wreckers here and grab a 'SKYLINE' dash badge for Lachlan and a few other 2000GT-X badges from the JDM C110 sitting at the wreckers.

I know this doesn't really help your quest other than to prove that the badges are out there, it's just a matter of finding them. ;)

post-4758-14150794459639_thumb.jpg

post-4758-14150794459899_thumb.jpg

Cheers Michael,

Well todays ecapade did end up yeilding some positives...Such as a 65' Bluebird badge [hey it was $4] and an electronic dizzy that was allegedly out of an aussie r30 but looks like its the zx item...In any case it was only $90 so im happy

post-7187-14150794460103_thumb.jpg

$90AUD??!?!?!!!!!!

I picked up a spare one last week off an auction site for $15NZD which is what.. about $2AUD ! :D ok.. our dollar isnt that bad but.. still!

Is that the average or an OK price for such an item in Aus?

(Good score on the Bluebird badge, BTW, I would have taken that for $4 as well ;) )

Yeah good price

I know it sounds like a fair bit, but ive been in the hunt for sooooooooooooo long

Best price has been $130

At the weekend some guy was almost going to 'give' me one [as in a few bucks], but he then had a chat to his son who was, shall we say a 'little' more literate and the deal was off...bloody knowledgeable kids

I heard 240 and $300 from other wreckers earlier in the day... LOL

I was going to post a new topic about this, but here seems good enough- from pictures I've found there were (at least) 3 different rear panel "SKYLINE" badges.

Pictures tell a thousand words. The first is what appears to be the most common, in white text. The second seems to only appear on GT-R's from the pictures I've seen, so either it was GT-R specific or only for very early models - I do not know. It is a bit harder to read with the black text. Later (1975 seems to pop into my head for some reason) the next style came in. This style also appeared in Australia with late-model 240K's except reading "DATSUN" instead.

Does anybody have comments, additional info, or corrections?

post-1243-14150794460735_thumb.jpg

post-1243-14150794460903_thumb.jpg

post-1243-14150794461136_thumb.jpg

isnt the "Skyline" badge from C210 similar to the 240K ones?

In a word... No. ;)

The C210 uses all upper case letters on it's rear quarter badge, the C210 is when the Skylines cars started getting square (as in very squared angles) and as such, so did the logos/badges.

I was going to post a new topic about this, but here seems good enough- from pictures I've found there were (at least) 3 different rear panel "SKYLINE" badges.

Pictures tell a thousand words. The first is what appears to be the most common, in white text. The second seems to only appear on GT-R's from the pictures I've seen, so either it was GT-R specific or only for very early models - I do not know. It is a bit harder to read with the black text. Later (1975 seems to pop into my head for some reason) the next style came in. This style also appeared in Australia with late-model 240K's except reading "DATSUN" instead.

Does anybody have comments, additional info, or corrections?

The only possible addition I can think of at the moment would be that I would imagine the completely different type would have come about at the advent of the C111 which from what I can tell is either late 1975 or early 1976.

Unfortunately all my pictures are on my brother's computer and the network is being a right spaz. So I'm unable to confirm or deny or add to your thoughts in regards to the possiblity of the black one being GT-R only.