IGNORED

Anyone in Kansas City?

winstonsmith

I recently bought a 78 Z and would like to find others in the Kansas City area that know a lot about working on these cars. The only car I've ever done any work on is my Pulsar and I've only done simple stuff. I'm still fairly new at working on cars. Anyway my Z will need some work and I'd rather find someone who knows how to do it and will let me help them so I can learn. I'd much rather pay an individual who knows all about these cars instead of taking it to a shop where I can't help them do it plus get charged a fortune. I live in Olathe, KS actually so if you live near there that's even better. Right now the only major thing I think the car needs is likely rear wheel bearings. I don't know for certain if the car actually needs them or not. Maybe the car is just loud back there normally? Anyway I have the bearings but that's a job I can't tackle on my own. I never done bearing replacement on a rear wheel drive car before. The car may need other work as well which is why I'd like to have a knowledgeable z car owner look it over with me. Anyone near Olathe, Kansas?

I had on of those last year. I bought it from the auction for $300 and sold it a week and a half later for $1000! All I did to is was clean it up, fix a couple of electrical gremlins, properly route the vacuum hoses, and it passed smog on the first attempt. It's a 1984, 5 speed, and it was, well, slow.

post-3797-14150794354681_thumb.jpg

I recently bought a 78 Z and would like to find others in the Kansas City area......

I believe this member is in the KC area. catfish_wiskerz

Search the member list and you can PM him for more info. He's got a really nice Z.

Welcome to the group.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...