IGNORED

headlight relay upgrade harness's for sale

Zs-ondabrain

It'll take a few days, but I'll check on it down the road at Z-specialties in Clearview, WA. and get back to you as soon as possible.

And do you have round or square headlight plugs on your stock harness?

Arrh! The plugs are oval! ......and they're both different! Gee I hate my car at times! I'll have to have a closer look tomorrow and work out what the hell is going on and take a few pics.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for helping out the z community in this way. I don't have the money or time right now for such an upgrade, but I would love to take advantage of your expertise and workmanship. Are you going to be making these on an ongoing basis, or will you be retiring once the initial momentum dies off?

Thanks,

Ty

" Are the three pin square plugs on the 240Z the same as the 260Z and 280Z" And is the length between all important parts and locations (as previously posted) the same on all three models?

When I get to Z Specialties on Monday, I'll know for sure. But if some one gives a definate answer before then, you'll save me gas and time.

On my car (1978) the headlight plugs at the front are round with two small pins and one big pin (round pins, not flat) and it has a triangular notch to key them. They even have a rubber "cover" to help seal against the elements. AFAIK, only the connectors inside are the blade style, those exposed to the elements are round with the rubber seal.

I haven't been able to look, but has anybody found out if you can get at the bottom on the fuse-link blocks? It would be te ideal place to tap for power (maybe).

thx

I'm very interested, but have a question. I plan to upgrade to HIDs...will the relays/ballasts that come with the HIDs nullify the need for Dave's relays, or should I get both?

If you get one of my harness's for your existing stock headlights or for an H-4 upgrade, It will work great for that.

If you decide to further upgrade to a TRUE H.I.D. headlight system, my harness is easily removable and Re-saleble to your friend who also has a 240Z. it's a win-win thing.

Dave.

I haven't been able to look, but has anybody found out if you can get at the bottom on the fuse-link blocks? It would be te ideal place to tap for power (maybe).

thx

I would never tap any where other than the battery or a distrabution block, off the battery.

If you tap else where, your still using old wiring.

Dave.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for helping out the z community in this way. I don't have the money or time right now for such an upgrade, but I would love to take advantage of your expertise and workmanship. Are you going to be making these on an ongoing basis, or will you be retiring once the initial momentum dies off?

Thanks,

Ty

As long as people keep ordering and I have good suppliers, I'll keep making them. they take a little while to make (aprox 1.5 hrs each) but it keeps me busy and out of trouble w/ the fiance. And as long as its a viable source of income, and I'm able to help those in need, I don't see any reason to slow down at the moment.

Dave.

P.S. I'm in the process of making more, so if your interested, e-mail me with your request.

As long as people keep ordering and I have good suppliers, I'll keep making them. QUOTE]

Speaking of which, my supplier just called me and said that he found the parts I was looking for, and they'll be in on wednesday.

Every harness I make looks better than the last. Those who order now, are actually getting a better built harness than the first ones I made. the first one were great but these are better.

ABAS,

Your harness's will go out on Monday, (to the U.K.)

I've got more being made as I type. Order yours today and save your Z's fuse box and light switches by reducing the amperage that flows thru your system from 20+ amps to only 3 amps max, (extending the life of those components by at least 80% or more.)

wolfin32z@yahoo.com ask a question, order a harness or even say hi.

Dave.

They should fit great in a RHD because every thing (like you said) Is switched around. the input plug to the relay will just plug into the left side of the stock harness instead of the right side. As long as the headlight plugs are still the 3 pin square 240Z style, you'll be O.K.

I received my harness today-if I were to build one, this would be it. Dave has everything done right, dielectric grease to seal the plugs, soldered connections, shrink wrap, convoluted tubing, high quality wire, clear and illustrated instructions! This is another member piece as well done as MikeWs glove box!

Dave,

Thanks for a great addition to my 240Z!

Will