IGNORED

4 barrel carb adapter

240zguy

Do a lot of research before you buy this. Use the search and try any and all configurations, 4 bbl, arizona intake, single carb, holley and so on. I've been here for a few years and have not heard anything good about the 4 bbl conversion. Do your homework first!

$.02

Don't do it. Jeff1216 tried one so talk to him. He gave up and went to a Chevy Small Block and is now back to a straight 6. But if you do decide to go with the 4 bbl let me know, I have a Arizona Z car intake manifold and I'll give you a helluva deal on it. I will be going to sea tomorrow for two months... if you want it and need it before then email me to work out a deal and my wife can ship it to you. Ont he other hand I hear the Z Therapy carbs are outstanding.

Nate

My '73 240z came with an Edlebrock 4 barrel on the L28. I have had no trouble with it at all. I get about 23mpg, very good performance, and the set up is very easy to tune and maintain. I also have a set of round top SUs in the garage that I'm probably going to eventually replace the 4 barrel with. They not only are more correct, but I really like playing with multiple carbs. Bottom line - the 4 barrels work but the SUs are nicer. My 2 cents.

I proabely wont get the adapter but if i get the jim cook supercharger i still am gona need a 4 barrel carb any good recomendations that are beter than the holley it comes with? "yay more money to spend" :disappoin

No you don't. There are other options for the L6 engine which are probably still better than the 4bbl. You can get a set of performance SUs from ZT or Rabello Racing or go with a set of tripples (Webber and Mikuni are the two tripple set ups that jump right to mind).

I proabely wont get the adapter but if i get the jim cook supercharger.....

Is this a supercharger for 1st gen Z's? I read discussions here where someone had come up with a SC for the Z but it was never put in the car and actually proven. (I'm trying to convince my husband to supercharge the 77 if a proven product is available)

Vicky

I have heard that the Arizona Z manifold is the only one that works well, and a very knowledgeable Z club member has had one on his car for quite a while and tears a lot of other near equivalently modified cars up.

You may want to search HybridZ for info on this - I think that's where I saw it.