'78 280Z OEM air filter housing? - Page 2 - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

'78 280Z OEM air filter housing?

Featured Replies

  • Author
try Nissan 007 blue it looks like a good match and it is a 1977 colour so it is right for that age of car and 510 is sky blue metalic 1977-1988
Can't seem to find this Nissan code.

I found a really good "Reference" picture on eBay that shows the inside of an aircleaner that appears to be pristine and untouched on the inside. I would venture to say that this is the color that you are looking for.

webdawg1

Air Breather (Reference).bmp

  • Author

Agreed. I guess they painted the outside black......

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

DE 1610 Pontiac Blue, looks green in the chip chart but as I recall, it's quite close.

  • Author

Thanks Vic. I think it will be close enough.

  • Author

Dang. That's alot of info. I am surprised no one has done this for the 240-280Z's engine bay. You know engine block, air box etc. I am sure the knowledge is here. I just haven't found it in one spot.

Did some searching on some of the other Z websites and found a "Dupont" brand Mix-Your-Own-Paint formula. Hope it helps...

webdawg1

Subject: Z engine paint (Turquoise)

(TURQUOISE) engine paint used on early Zs.

Find a Dupont Dealer and ask them to mix up a quart (5 or more engines) [or split it in half for a pint] of Dupont "Chroma 1" paint. Be sure and buy the "Chroma 1" catalyst and reducer also.

Tinting guide mix size

806J HS BLACK 177.2

801J HS WHITE 290.0

828J HS FAST BLUE 373.8

830J HS FAST GREEN 444.4

702OG BINDER 844.0

7030G BALANCER 960.4

That Turquoise engine color is much darker than the air box color. I bought a can of the Duplicolor DE1610 and partailly painted my 1970 L521 air cleaner. Here's a Photo!

color comparision

It's close. The stock is a little grayer? greener?

What do you think? Will it do?

  • Author

It's close. Maybe the OEM is a little grayer.....

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.