IGNORED

240K's X 3 plus Prince Gloria at outer Sydney Wreckers

g72s20

Hi Steve,

No mate, my wheels are a bit plain jane compared to yours. Unfortunately the centre caps for the 240k were only put on these wheels when they were sold through a NISSAN/DATSUN dealer in OZ..as far as I know. The centre is a stylised "N" or "S"...looks more like an N to me.

I found a pic ...it shouldn't have the paint on it,...and a larger diameter centre cap

post-6441-14150794296573_thumb.jpg

That looks like the wheel that was used in the US on the second generation 200SX. I think the model was the S110. I believe that it was part of the 'Silvia' line. I had one a few years back and it had wheels that looked like those. Mine was a 1981 so the wheels may have just looked similar.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Ho Im a newbie here

can you give me a street address for the wrecker in W Sydney with the 240K collection. I may be interested in a whole car wreck or wrecks happy to sell unwanted parts on at below market prices.

I will explain more later.

Leon

Canberra

Hi Leon,

try this number "The Only phone for the Yard is 0402 100 156". Can't recall street number but it backs on to Hamilton St and faces Edward in Riverstone and is choccas with OLD cars.

Good Luck!

Jim.

PS the owner is there mid afternoons only!!

• 9 months later...

Lachlan,

Boot trim from the sedan will not fit the coupe, can't recall whether it's wider or shorter, but won't fit anyways...

Mate your GTR replica is looking awesome, well done!

I should be up in QLD around September, maybe I can check out the beast in person.

By the way, unless you're looking for complete originality with the T bar shifter, try a C210 shifter, nicer looking black handle and they're decorated with chrome and chrome push button, not a black button like the K's. Not 100% sure on mounting though, been a while...

Lastly, this is a desperate call to my fellow 240K people, does any one have or know of 240K manual gearboxes/accessories not req'd, for sale etc??

I can source flywheels and clutches off various 6 cyl models but 240K items are scarce to state the obvious (boy should I know, what an idiot I was for parting with ALL of my spares last year!!!)

Boot trim from the sedan will not fit the coupe, can't recall whether it's wider or shorter, but won't fit anyways...

Bah, I half expected that! Thanks for confirming, now I won't go peeling off a sedan's boot trim!

I should be up in QLD around September, maybe I can check out the beast in person.

Definitely! Let me know what dates you will be here though as I might be in Egypt at that time :eek:

By the way, unless you're looking for complete originality with the T bar shifter, try a C210 shifter, nicer looking black handle and they're decorated with chrome and chrome push button, not a black button like the K's. Not 100% sure on mounting though, been a while...

Thanks! I think I'm going to leave the shifter at the moment - until I get that darn 5-speed in!

Lastly, this is a desperate call to my fellow 240K people, does any one have or know of 240K manual gearboxes/accessories not req'd, for sale etc??

I can source flywheels and clutches off various 6 cyl models but 240K items are scarce to state the obvious (boy should I know, what an idiot I was for parting with ALL of my spares last year!!!)

I'm also looking for any parts except the gearbox and pedals. Which parts are hard to find??

• 3 weeks later...

Jim,

Can you get me a better, close-up picture of the center cap? From what Steve says, the stylised S could be Skyline or Silvia. May be able to get NOS here. VIN would also be helpful. No promises, Japanese are really weird when it comes to car parts.

miles

Does anybody know where these Nissan 40300-R4671 wheels were origiinally mounted on? I have a set of them but do not know what they were originally on. I heard maybe a skyline or roadster. Any info woud be greatly appreciated. drdufty@midmich.net

This thread came contains some answers to ddufty's question in case anyone is interested. I don't have an answer on the other wheels (Skyline or Silvia) as mine was a US car and simply had a D in the center.

http://new.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18082&highlight=40300R4671