IGNORED

240K's X 3 plus Prince Gloria at outer Sydney Wreckers

g72s20

I happened across a 1977 240k auto sedan outside a wreckers in Riverstone NSW this afternoon. Although it is all original, gold with black interior, and all there, it is in very sad shape, a lotta rust. Been sitting outside with windows down for years by the look. I noticed it still had the original NISSAN ignition key, petrol cap key and boot key. It's also got aircond.

Good dash, steering wheel, black front passenger seat, rear lower cushion seat.

I was told it will go to scrap next Tuesday 14th Sept. as the yard is too full of old cars.

There are two more 240k's in the yard, I didn't see them but was told one is a coupe the other a sedan, with various parts stored in them. There is also 1 Prince Gloria, only got to see this from about 50 metres away, but definitely a GLORIA ~1964. The Only phone for the Yard is 0402 100 156

If you want me to chase anything up on these please let me know AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!! ideally with a mobile contact so if they have what you want I can let you know the cost from the yard.

Regards,

Jim.

GOOD FIND!! Make sure you check for centrecaps! The Gloria sounds intriguing....

I'm after a few things:

>> Any chrome trim (surrounding the front grille and rear panel) as long as its STRAIGHT - thats the hardest part! (Rear chrome from sedan will not fit coupe)

>> Streak and crack-free side door glass both sides (coupe, not sedan)

>> GOOD condition auto shifter (you know how they deteriorate)

So, just the really hard-to-find stuff! I doubt any car will have those parts, but if so thats great!! I've PMed you with my mobile number.

If I were you I'd pick off ANYTHING from that gold one going to the crusher, you'll never know when you might need another windscreen wiper/door handle/air vent/etc...

Lachlan can you post a quick pic of the centre cap of interest? I've noted your other requests and will do what I can as soon as possible.

I would love to be able to grab anything worthwhile from the car, but at the moment it's down to my usual nemeses, time,(storage) space and money.

Jim.

P.S. you better tell me how the shifter deteriorates or what to look for!

Lachlan can you post a quick pic of the centre cap of interest?

Jim, I was meaning the centrecaps for YOUR car!! Remember how you told me 3 were missing?

P.S. you better tell me how the shifter deteriorates or what to look for!

Here's a couple of pictures of mine (sorry about the quality - it's actually a greyish colour). Hasn't your faux wood plastic thing (or is it vinyl??) come off yet? I've never seen a car with a good one!

post-1243-14150794284928_thumb.jpg

post-1243-14150794285218_thumb.jpg

Rob, $40 for 240K ignition switch with original key. The key for the boot and doors was not original, sorry. Passenger side lock was gone. Looks like somebody got at it overnight.

Lachlan,at $20 I grabbed the bonnet trim. It is near perfect with a very slight depression near centre. Should be an easy fix with some massaging and buffing. The boot lid trim is perfect, looks the same as a coupe trim to me? the other smaller end bits of trim were all damaged. The grill as a unit seems perfect.

The coupe in the yard was the third car up in a pile of four. Didn't have time to have a good look , it appears to be an Australian GL, stylised "D" on Steering wheel centre, but it has a JDM square headlight "2000 GTX" badged grill with what looks like a huge belt buckle in the centre.Someone has added the 240K GL badge above the 2000 GTX badge. Rear badge is 240K GL.

My centre caps are for the nissan mag wheel, this car had the steel wheels with (different) centre caps. Any shifter I saw was nothing but cracked plastic.

You have to see this yard to believe it. Most places you need to walk sideways to fit between the stacks of cars. I pity anyone who needs a part from a car at ground level. When I have some time to spare I will go back and investigate properly the 240ks of interest, 'till then..........

Regards,

Jim.

Lachlan,at $20 I grabbed the bonnet trim. It is near perfect with a very slight depression near centre. Should be an easy fix with some massaging and buffing. The boot lid trim is perfect, looks the same as a coupe trim to me? the other smaller end bits of trim were all damaged. The grill as a unit seems perfect.

Good stuff!! Definitely not cheap considering they're going to junk it tomorrow, but I'm still happy! About the boot trim - I know the corners won't fit, but the straight middle bit might. :/ I don't know! But if it's perfect, I'm willing to gamble an extra 20 to find out (next time if you get time - no hurry).

When I have some time to spare I will go back and investigate properly the 240ks of interest, 'till then..........

:) Thanks for having a look around! I'll PM you about that bonnet trim. Hope you found some stuff for YOURSELF after all that searching for us!! :bunny:

My centre caps are for the nissan mag wheel,. . .

Do you have the 40300-R4671 wheels? If so those caps were available last time I checked which was about 5 months ago at http://www.nismoparts.com. I'd like to have a spare set for my 810 and have recently emailed them again to check availability. If so, I can let you know what I find out.

post-3797-14150794286565_thumb.jpg