IGNORED

JDM ENGINE!! L20 from FAIRLADY Z

SiGNAL Z

Well... i own an 1977 fairlady Z. I am planning to do an engine swap.. and since i am getting rid of the engine, Would anyone want to buy it? I have an 1977 L20 with a 5 speed trans. It has 113,000 Km... which is around 70,000 original miles. You can rebuild it or for a project. I would want $1000.00 for the Engine and trans but price is negotiable. Please let me know ASAP. I might have to just throw it away if not needed. I also have pics. Email me for pics.

That would be one of the only "10" in the USA I suppose ROFL (see the other thread about a fairlayd for sale on ebay).

Nothing special about a L20 engine. It's worth $100 not $1000. The 5 speed is worth more than the engine.

Ditch the L20 and put a L28 in, or bore and stroke the L20 to 2.8 liters. and bolt it up to the 5 speed.

You would be surprise to how many responses i got. I have at least two very interested buyer. You might be right that noone would want to buy it... but it was surprising how these two people are from europe. It being the same engine there... it kinda makes sense. Not really thinking about droping in the L28, or the L28et ... but it will be a turbo engine... and will be kept in the nissan family. Thanks for the input.

~!!!UPDATE!!~ I Have at least 2 buyers who would want it. If anyone else would like the engine... still email me. I do have pics and etc. Thanks

Originally posted by SiGNAL Z

... but it was surprising how these two people are from europe. It being the same engine there... it kinda makes sense.

No European country got the L20 as standard equipment in a Z.

I guess that is true. So they arent called fairlady Z in europe either? So they are only known as fairlady z in Japan? How about australia? Well thanks for that fact. This is my 2nd Z.... and i am more of a Japanese fanatice than european.