Engine bay light cover - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Engine bay light cover

Featured Replies

I thought that I had seen a metal cover for the light but had never seen a rubber one. Does anyone know if this was standard equipment or an option. Thanks for the input.

post-5231-14150794021441_thumb.jpg

If we are talking about a 240Z, I have never seen a metal, or a rubber cover for the Engine Bay Light.

There were no "options" on the 240Z, except what a dealer might tack on, like wheels, A/C, Floor Mats, Console arm rest, Vinyl Top, side mouldings, fuzzy dice, etc. None of this stuff was Nissan stuff, it was all aftermarket, though some was declared as a "factory authorized dealer option".

Anybody know if 260/280Z's had something like this?

I have never seen anything like this before. Why would a cover be placed over the light?

  • Author

My thought was that it is to protect the lens from damage and dirt.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

They're both translucent white on my 78 280Z and 79 810. Mine don't have covers, I've never seen one with a cover on any year Z or described in any Z manual.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.