IGNORED

Factory 260Z Mirror

sblake01

This mirror was the factory mirror for the 260Z and 280Z in the U.S. It was only on the left side door. What is was wondering is was there ever a RHD equivalent on the 260Z in Austrailia. I think it would be cool to have a factory mirror on both sides. If so, and if anyone would be interested, maybe we could work out a trade, right side for left side.

post-3797-14150793929584_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
Originally posted by 280z

i was just at the zonc blackhawk show and i saw a 240z with the original chrome 240z mirrors on both sides. now i feel stupid for not taking a picture of it

Marc, I saw that car also. Didn't think to take a picture either. Looked like the one on the RH side was just a regular LH mirror with the "mirror" part rotated 180 degrees to orient for the RH usage. It looked cool.

Originally posted by sblake01

This mirror was the factory mirror for the 260Z and 280Z in the U.S. It was only on the left side door. What is was wondering is was there ever a RHD equivalent on the 260Z in Austrailia. I think it would be cool to have a factory mirror on both sides. If so, and if anyone would be interested, maybe we could work out a trade, right side for left side.

That looks like the fender mount mirror. I guess you may be able to put them on the doors There are right and left side ones, but you would have to get them from Japan.

2116Late_Fairlady_Z_at_Zama-01.jpg

Our cars got the 240z style mirror.

I want a left and right one, but i think they are identical, all you have to do is rotate the mirror 180 degrees and you have one for the other side of the car. I havent tried this yet because i dont have a mirror to try it with, so if someone could test my theory for me, and let me know if it works.