IGNORED

If Anyone is interested

Zlishous

Originally posted by hls30.com

I missed this the first time through

"Any Missouri buyer must pay local MO sales tax and licensing fees. All other will do so in their home state"

isn't that saying that they aren't covering the: "title transfer and registration fees" that are supposed to be a part of the $195?

Will

I just re-read the entire sales pitch again also. Ummmm. That's the way I understood the add on fees too. This is the same company that sold to the Forbes Family?!?! What gives.

Vicky

You know me, I have to stir the toilet before I flushit. I emailed them this:

"Dear motoexotica*com,

Hi, and thanks for your auction! I am a bit confused, in one place you have a $195 Acquisition fee that is to cover, among other things, Title transfer and registration fees, but in another place you say that tax and licensing fees must be taken care of by the buyer-I don't understand why you are evidently asking me to pay you for something I have to do after I buy the car. If I am misreading this, please explain.

Thanks in advance,

William Stokes"

We will see if I get a reply-probably not!

Whaagooshgchaaaaaaaa

(will somebody please jiggle the handle...)

Will

I am afraid to touch that-literally!

Carl sometimes you are too much-I now know how hard it is to type and laugh at the same time! I am definitely not gioing to ask how you found that one!

I though Froglevel in waynesville was different, I stand-er-sit corrected!

Will

Here are the replies!

William,

Sorry for any confusion. You will have to add $195.00 to the final bid price. We will take care of sending you the title overnight, bill of sale and buyers guide, holding car, inventory tax, etc. We will transfer the title out of the state of Missouri to you and pay for Missouri registration only.

You will still have to pay for title transfer into your home state as well as any and all taxes imposed by your state.

If this is not acceptable to you, please do not bid on the car.

Kind regards,

Scott Brandt

President

MotoeXotica.com

PS. Please click on the above link to get to my web site, its worth your trip!

Dear MotoeXotica.com

But, the question is still not answered.

Does that mean you are not paying for what the ad states the $195 fee is collected for?

Specificly, will I have to pay for transferring the title and an registering the car after paying your imposed fee. I qoute: "we have now found it necessary to impose a $195.00 acquisition fee to each car sold in the United States. This includes title transfer and registration fees,"

As I read that you will be collecting this fee primarily for taking care of transferring the title and registering the car after my purchase(I read that quote as I would a list of ingredients on a can of food, more of the contents of the can (FEE) are made up of the first listed ingredient than the second ingredient, and so on down the list).

Thank you again for the favor of a reply.

William Stokes

----- Original Message -----

To: hls30@comcast.net

Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2004 3:39 PM

Subject: Re: Question from eBay Member: Other Makes : All Models (2479570044)

What the Missouri "Buyer" should say is resident. It means that a missouri resident will have to pay missouri sales tax. Out of state residents have to pay taxes according to their home state. Sorry for the confusion.

Dan Hillebrandt

www.motoeXotica.com

In a message dated 5/25/2004 2:28:20 PM Central Daylight Time, hls30@comcast.net writes:

Mr. Hilderbrant,

Thanks for your reply!

The pertinant part of your blurb is found under the second bullet under the title "Terms of Auction and Sale:", and reads as follows"

"Any Missouri buyer must pay local MO sales tax and licensing fees. All other will do so in their home state."

Here in Georgia, the payment of taxes and licensing fees is exactly what makes up registration-perhapse it is different in Missouri.

William Stokes

I have to give them credit for answering, and for answering honestly! But I still don't think I would buy from a seller who would play this game.

Will

Still sounds like a scheme to line their pockets with an extra $200 for doing essentially nothing.

I don't know about Misery (Missouri), but in CA one does not transfer title out of a person's name, or into another person's name. What happens is you send a simple notice to the CA DMV (Notice of Transfer and Release of Liability ) that you have sold the car as of a certain date, and odometer reading to another specific person (takes about 3 minutes to complete the form). It is that new owner who is responsible for establishing registration under their own name

Had I known that this would bring such fun and pleasure to everyone I would have started this forum alot sooner... I was bidding on a 66 Fastback a while back from these guys and recieved the same run around about their "fees".

Paul

They must be from Holland, In't that vierd?

(yes, I did watch "Austin Powers" again tonight!

Paul, we have spun this tale around more lightly the first time. Every once in a while I get the urge to call in poker, and this was just a different variation of the same game.

But it was mildly entertaining!

Will