IGNORED

Custom shifter knob

matria

Originally posted by hls30.com

Started at 10, went to 24 and punted with the plating!

Strange, in fact odd on the 24, only time [once] I have come across this is.....drum roll please, change of life, menopause.

Now what was the question?

I have been married since I was 28! Until several years before I was married I wore a 22k ring with no ill effects!

BTW tried Platinum, Silver, and stainless steel-plated the outside w/gold or something that looked like it-deer in headlights!

Back to the thread, lost wax casting and a Kerr setup would make short work of the shifter badges in a soft lowtemp metal-like the zink derivative conduit hardware is made out of.

Will

I don't want that smell in my car!

ROFL

Will

BTW, Jim Williams-Main Charactor in in Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, had the hood ornament on his Vanden Plas cast in 24K gold-his sister has the car now, I don't think she knows!

Back to the idea, do you have a pattern? If not why not cut one out in Sterling, then have a rubber made. There are plenty of Casters around who charge next to peanuts for investment casting in silver.

I do a line in crosses which the metal value in silver would only be $2-3 dollars for patterns. Labour costs of course blow this figure out, however, I've found 925 to be the best material for patterns.

If you need any assistance on this my workshop is open to you.

MOM