IGNORED

240K coupe for sale with Alloy 4.4l V8

C110GTR

I've decided it's time to get rid of a few of my cars. I simply don't have the time and money for all of them. And as much as I would like to keep the 240K, it's on the hit list to go.

It needs paint, but it has a good rust free body except for minor front end damage (radiator was not damaged so it was not a big impact), and comes with a good straight bonnet and bumper which I bought for it.. has fibreglass flares (not GTR style) and rear spoiler.

It has a Rover/Leyland 4.4l all Alloy V8 with Supra 5spd (Dellow conversion). Engine is in good condition. QLD Transport approved conversion (documentation supplied) and previously registered in QLD with this engine. Holley carb, extracters and twin exhaust. Carter fuel pump, reco starter motor.

Must sell $800 ono.

At that price its good value just for the V8 conversion for your K!

call Harry on 0402 898 788

Brisbane. can arrange delivery locally.

I've got 5 cars:

R31 Skyline sedan - everyday car

1200 coupe - race car

MQ Patrol SWB - tow car

R30 Skyline coupe - project

240K coupe - also a project waiting to happen...

I'm getting rid of the R31 and the old Patrol, and replacing them with a newer GQ Patrol (deisel) which is actually more economical than the Skyline and just as comfortable. And when I get rid of the 240K I'll be down to 3 cars - one for everday stuff and towing etc, one race car, and one project car...

• 2 weeks later...

well, the 240K is sold. A friend bought it to do up as a track car. He had been looking for a 1600 for about a year because he's rallied them in the past and knows them inside out, but good bodies are getting hard to find. One look at the 240K and he was really keen. It's basically just a bigger 1600, with the same suspension layout, so all his knowledge on the 1600 is transferable to the K. And like he said, everyone has a 1600, the 240K is something a bit different to the rest of the crowd. And 240K's have proved to be quite competitive in rallying here in QLD, so there's no reason they can't be just as good on the ashphalt. It will probably be a long term kind of project for him, but I'll definitely get some pics of it along the way. I can't wait to see it out on the track!

Yes, the 240K (or should I say 440K??) is sold - to me!

As Harry said, I've been contemplating a track toy for a long time now, and the 1600 was the first choice. I saw a few along the way, ranging from reasonably straight bodies, to total rustbuckets, but couldn't find anything at the right price.

I turned my attention to a 240K, thinking that at least they'd be cheaper priced, seeing they don't have the same cult following as the 1600 (why, oh why did I sell / give away / throw away all those 1600's and associated bits:( )

When I heard Harry was selling his K, it seemed like fate. One look at the car and , well, looking through the dodgy paint, and even dodgier bodykit I could see a great platform for a serious track toy. The 4.4 V8 will give it that nice old-skool touch, without upsetting the handling too much.

The only problem I now have is that I didn't realise what a following the 2 door 240K's had developed. Last time I looked (about 15 years ago) the 240K was a granny car with as much sporting character as a tweed jacket. (Just kidding - I can see the potienial in the chassis / suspension setup, and have seen a couple of very quick rally 240k's). I almost feel guilty welding in a full spec rollcage and belting around racetracks in it. That's ok - I'm sure I'll get over it.

Anyway, it'll probably sit in the corner of my shed for a long time before I even lay a spanner to it - it'll be a long term project. First thing I'll do is rip off a front strut, and start designing the adjustable coilover suspension, and looking at decent brake options.

Then will begin the slow strip down to bare shell, so that I can get the cage welded in. If I'm really keen, I might even build a rotisserie so that I can do a proper prep job on the body. Wherever possible, I want to do all of the engineering myself, to save costs, and give me a bit more satisfaction at the end result. (I'm too much of a tightarse to be a chequebook racer)

I'll keep everyone posted on progress, but don't anybody hold your breath.

Hey Alfadog - we must just about be neighbours. Where abouts on the Coast are you? I live at Helensvale (although the car will be at Nerang) Might have to come and check yours out for some inspiration, and pick your brains for supplies of bits.

Welcome to the club!!

Funny, I live in Ashmore! I'd love to check it out one day, although dont get too excited about getting some contacts off me, I've only owned mine for a little over a year and part sources aren't exactly thick on the ground...

Good luck with the project!!!

The 240K Should be a great little rally car.

The 4.4 on to the 240K conversion must be popular because I have chatted to a few people who have done one, plus my old man bought a 4.4 for his Rangie, and it came from a 240K.

I was ready to jump on this one just for the engine and gearbox to put in my TR7 but looks like I was beaten to it big time.

The alloy V8's weigh 15kg less than the cast iron 4 pot in the Triumph, so they must weigh heaps less than the L6.

Have fun with it.

Scott