IGNORED

Tight steering

Akir-ra

'Sup folks..I'm here to pick our collective brain again..What might be the major reason for the steering being so tight in my 74 260z..And how might I loosen it up a bit...Keep in mind that I haven't driven many sports cars and my might just be acting like a wimp..does it make sense to be looking for some sort of power assist kit..Once again I might be wimping..But does a kit like that even exist..

Thanks in advance

Ak

Well, don't know of any power rack kits. Most of the Z's are pretty hard to turn at slow speeds but a lot of times it has to do with the size tires and wheels you are using.

Have you tried to lube the rack? There are two small plugs on the rack that you can remove and put a 1/8 inch ( I think) grease fitting into to put a little grease into the rack. Should be one on each end of the rack if I remember right. Just put a little in or you can blow out the seals on the inner tie rod ends.

Akir-ra:

Now you know one of the reasons the early Z's came with a 15-inch diameter steering wheel. You'll want to check your tire pressure often. Parallel parking will give you a mini-workout, especially if you have wide tires or low pressure.