IGNORED

another K owner

C110GTR

G'day Harry,

Welcome onboard. We've emailed each other a couple of times before regarding the K, should be a good project you've got there!

I can help you out with flares, guy in Melbourne is STILL making mine, hopefully it isn't too much longer (they're based on original moulds).

If you want to get rid of that V8 I'll swap you an L28 block and head in excellent condition, with modified sump, oil pick up tube and dipstick suited for a 240K. Hard to find an L28 with the bottom end oriented to the style of the C110.!LOL

Good to see we've got another member anyway.

James

Gday James,

maybe if you were to throw in a set of those flares to sweeten the deal a bit... :P

I remember you giving me some info about the flares before, but I must have lost the details. Good to hear from you again.

Hey, I see you're selling a set of 15*7 Dragways on Ozdat...are they 4 spoke style or something else? would you be able to measure the backspace for us? I guess I just want to know if they fill out the flares, but a backspace measurement would be nice.

Harry

Thanks Gav. I run in Improved Production 1601-2000cc, and it's pretty competitive in its class. That photo was taken last year at the Bathurst Speed Weekend, where I won my class, but the bigger more powerful cars had a pretty big advantage on the long straights at Bathurst, and there were some very fast cars there!

I just put a new engine in the 1200 at the start of this year. It's an L18 engine, which has been taken out to 1995cc. Forged pistons, destroked L20B crank, a fair bit of port and combustion chamber work, Manley inlet valves, Datrally manifold and twin 45 Webbers. Cam has .585" lift and 306 adv duration. There's also a billet steel flywheel and button clutch. And I got a new custom close ratio gearset in the R30 'stumpy' 5spd. It has 140bhp at the wheels, and the car weighs in at 850kg. I also got a better race tyres for this year too. At the first sprint event this year I was over 1.5 sec per lap faster than last year, and won my class by 5 seconds (4 lap sprint time). And I was only a few tenths behind John Siddin's 260Z (some of you Aussie Z guys may know of him).