IGNORED

How much would you pay....?

JMT240KGTR

Originally posted by HS30-H

I hope you Skyline owners don't mind if I poke my nose in here occasionally.........:classic:

The pic of the 4-door with flares seems to be from one of the Japanese auctions. Probably USS by the looks of the photo angle. They drive the cars through the photo booths at the auction and take front and rear shots while the car is momentarily stationary. These photos go on the website along with the auction grading sheet, and the same photos are used on screen when the car goes through the actual auction.

I was actually hoping you would chime in, thought you might know about those flares..

I figured the picture attached was from one of those huge auctions, but I'd still like to know the website because most auction-import sites here in Aus only really deal with the later model 180SX, Skyline, Supra etc. and perhaps there's a site around that actually deals with the older cars too... as Michael said www.j-spec.com.au does have a few old cars in now and then. The picture's probably from there... is it, Llama?

I've heard stories about the magnitude of these auctions in Japan, it must be a VERY organised event... definitely a must-see if I were in Japan!

About the flares on the 4 door, do you know if he can fit wheels wider than the stock fenders, without cutting the doors? If not, flares really arent going to be of much use I would think?

wow thanks for all the replies guys.

Yes the photo was from j-spec, i was on their mailing list for a while until the amount of emails became a bit much for me when i was busy. there were a couple of other ones i had from auctions and the like of modified ones.

With the flares, i wouldnt think you could fit wheels wider than the fenders without cutting the doors, and im certainly not going to do that.

i wouldnt want to cut into the door or anything, but i see what you mean with cutting the flares, if i look closely at that picture i think i can see what you guys mean.

once again, thanks for the replies, and ill be sure to stop by here as often as i can and get some pictures up in my gallery.

Welcome Llama,

Another K man the list. And yes please post some pics soon!

As for fitting flares to a sedan, Alan hit the nail on the head; definitely a heap of work to be done back there if you intend fitting wide rims.

I took a good hard look at my sedan rear doors/arches and if we think cutting the arches for a coupe is quite a job, then the sedan is a monster!

Anything is possible though, money talks...:classic: