IGNORED

C110 'GT-R' Tail light operation

Alfadog

I meant the old tail lights. How do you mean 'broke'? Did they get smashed or did they stop working properly?

Funny, I could have sworn the lights all worked there, I replaced ones that didnt... weird.

Anyway, I just went out and checked my lights - outer bulbs should be A12V8/3.4W and inner bulbs should be A12V23/8W.

Which bulbs exactly aren't working? Do the indicators/reverse lights work properly?

A is amps I guess. That's usually 12 anyway so that should be fine. OK, so the outer bulbs are lighting up fine?

What happens when you put the foot on the brake?

Are both of the inner lights the same dimness?

Sounds to me like the problem encountered is the earth has become muddled somewhere along the way, so when the brake only is applied, both filaments will light up very dimly and ineffectively instead of a single fillament lighting up brightly, surely its worth a check?

why would the outer lights have dual filaments if its not supposed to light up? hmmmmmmmm

if its JUST supposed to light up on parkers or headlights on it should only have ONE filament not two.

I thought I bought a good working GTR lights and paid a reasonable price for it and now I have to fix it and get a professional help and will cost extra $$$

Rob, on the very first post on this thread I have given a link to a page describing how the lights are meant to work. The outer lights do not light up with braking, this is why the bulbs are a much lower voltage.

If you are unhappy with them I will buy them back no problem.

Originally posted by Alfadog

I meant the old tail lights. How do you mean 'broke'? Did they get smashed or did they stop working properly?

Funny, I could have sworn the lights all worked there, I replaced ones that didnt... weird.

Anyway, I just went out and checked my lights - outer bulbs should be A12V8/3.4W and inner bulbs should be A12V23/8W.

Which bulbs exactly aren't working? Do the indicators/reverse lights work properly?

I'm not sure what the A means but I would imagine it's not too much of a worry.

If it's a dual filament bulb which it looks to be;

12V - 12volts power required for the bulb.. good thing you run a 12V battery in the car or they wouldnt work properly.

8/3.4W - the lower number will be the Watts of one filament and the other.. the other. (oddly enough)

If you're worried about dim lights Razor, I'd look at the one that's 3.4W I had to change some in my tail-lights cause they were bollocks wattage and looked $^!#.

And the good news is I've got a 5speed .. AAHAH! ok... so that's doesnt help you.. sorry.

Originally posted by HS30-H

Here's that red 110 GT-R that belongs to Nissan for comparison:

I'm not sure how I hadn't seen this whole thread til now but anyway.. I like the add-on to the bottom of the model plate Alan, good stuff LOL LOL LOL

Originally posted by kyteler

I like the add-on to the bottom of the model plate Alan, good stuff LOL LOL LOL

Just my little bit of fun. I'm glad one of you guys finally noticed ( or at least noticed and said something! ).LOL Thought my hard work had gone to waste......

Nothing wrong with replicas, by the way. I'm building one too:classic: More power to you...........

Razor, I think Z Kid's point is a good one. The condition you describe is just like what happens when you have the Earth connected wrongly. Don't give up on it yet. Electrics can be a pig to sort on an old car, but once you get it right its very satisfying.

Alan T.