IGNORED

What engine does your 240Z have???

zorro

Its crunch time i have to decided what engine to put into my 240Z its near completion on the body and chasis. I was wondering what all fellow 240Z owners are running in their cars what horsepower they are getting and how much did there engine setup cost??? I would especially love to hear from fellow Aussie drivers thanks guys!!!!

Currently nested under the bonnet is an L28 and i've never been late ROFL.

It's a early E88 head N42 valves porting/polish elec ignition etc currently on stock SUs.

I honestly don't think you need another engine unless it's for the ooohhhh! factor that most people do when you say the code RB26 but depends on what driving you will be doing and where you wanna go.

The old L24 block is in safe keeping so i can revert back to original.

Power is an estimate around 200HP. The old owner said it was over 200HP! with the tripple mikuni's that were on the car so yeah!!.

Goes well anyway.:cheeky:

In my 1970 240Z I have an L28 (stock N42) with the original intakes and SU's, electronic ignition (Mallory Unilite), 6-2-1 ceramic coated headers, a 13 1/2 lbs flywheel, no mechanical fuel pump or fan blade on the water pump (to free up a little HP). It's attached to a late model 5 speed with an R200 3.90 diff.

Originally, I had plans to shoe in a small block Ford but decided against it as it kind of takes away from the car's original character and I know myself too well. If I have the HP I'd use it for sure. Anyway, at a best guess, I figure that my flywheel HP is in the neigborhood of 150hp and probably 135hp at the rear wheels and it's still pretty quick at 2300 lbs. However, my main intentions for using this set-up is for reliability and good mileage. I guess thats the way this 52 years young guy thinks!!!

Originally posted by 240ZX

Hay Zrush, what does the FR really stand for, F_ _king Red or F_ _king Radical??? How about Financial Repository!!? Just funnin around!

FR stands for "Factory Restored". The Z in the avatar is my husbands '77 280Z.

Your funny... F__king Red, I love it. My 240Z is lime yellow :love:

Vicky

Originally posted by 240ZX

Zrush......................(FLY) = F_ _king Lime Yellow:stupid: LOL

Again, just funnin around!!!

ROFLLOL Now that's Freakin' funny.ROFLLOL

(Although it should be PLY for Puke Lime Yellow). Looks great in the bright sunshine but awful on a cloudy day.

Now we've hyjacked the thread to colors instead of engines. Althought these are two very important topics IMO

Vicky