Skyline R200 Diff R31->C110 - 240K Skyline - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Skyline R200 Diff R31->C110

Featured Replies

Hey there guys,

I can get an R200 LSD from an R31 Turbo Skyline, now.. theoretically the powerplant has changed, did that also include any changes to the drivetrain or would I be good to go with an R200 from an R31 in my C110?

And if it all adds up, what other bits and pieces would I need?

I was under the impression all R31 diffs were solid axle, not like the R series ie R160, 180, 200, etc.

I stand to be corrected though....:ermm:

I think all R31's which came to Australia had a solid rear end, but I am pretty sure there were at least some of the japanese models which were fitted with an IRS rear end, and NZ is the king of grey imports, so you could get lucky.

my R200 is out of an r 31 skyline GTS straight bolt in to a Z.

not sure if the GTS was any different in the rear than the standard car.

By the sounds of things it sounds as though the R31GTS models had different rear end set ups, was probably just the base 'executive' versions that came out with solid rear.

Interesting...

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author
Originally posted by Brett240

my R200 is out of an r 31 skyline GTS straight bolt in to a Z.

not sure if the GTS was any different in the rear than the standard car.

Do you know what ratio is used in the R200 in Skylines?

no idea, mine had a 4.4 in it beofre i swapped for a 3.9

it was originally out of an R31 before being briefly used in a 240z drag car, hence the 4.4

i'd be suprised if the skyline didnt use either a 3.7 or 3.9

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.