IGNORED

240zx???

axelr8

Just to elaborate on that a little more, since I use that as my call name.

I call my 240Z a 240ZX because it not only has an L28 but also the entire 280ZX drive train including the brake system. So, I thought to myself...........240Z on the outside and 280ZX on the inside (or underneath as it were) = 240ZX.

Well a 280zx is a "zx" because it doesnt retain the body-shape as the privious model. ie. its an S31 insted of a S30 body(if im wrong correct me please!:stupid: )

Although this doesnt apply to the 350z it is true for those models. I still dont get it why Nissan called it only a "z" not "zx". I know, i know they wanted to "revive a classic" but still!!!:tapemouth

Cheer'z' :bunny:

Simply Datto_240Z. No. :finger:

From my understanding, the 280ZX is a Z'X' as the X stands for Lu'X'ury, all the fiddly fancy (for the time) gadgets that came with the car.

Also isn't the model designation number S130? as opposed to S31?

As the Z cars (as with most Nissan models during roughly the same time period) changed designation numbers.

ie. C10, C110 (C111), C210(C211), R30.

ie. S30, S130, Z31.

There's also other model ranges that did the same.

Corrections are accepted and thanked. :classic:

I agree with kyteler that the Z'X" stands for luXury. But to me, it stands for "X"-tra crap that you really don't need in a true sports car! Just something else (electrical) to break down and give you a major headache.:mad:

You guys are in the parK! The 280ZX is a S130 and it was built with all of that extra crap to break down that also makes the car more pleasant and in some cases, safe to drive. It was an evolution of the Z car, it shared styling cues, and all of the pieces we take out to put on our S30s. Without it there would not have ben an L28ET!

I have a 280ZX and it is certianly more queit, comfortable and well mannered at speed than a stock 240Z; but, it isn't nearly as much fun to drive, though it is nicer to ride in-

All of that said for enjoyment I drive the 240Z, to take the parking lot dings, and I drive the 280ZX.

I think calling a 240Z with pieces out of a 280ZX out of it is fine-you still have the best of both cars!

If I didn't want people to have a suprise from what they think is 31 year-old technology. I might do the same!