IGNORED

(Stock Looking) Vintage Air A/C Controls - Part 1

Oiluj

I wanted my HVAC controls for my aftermarket Vintage Air unit to look as close to "stock" as possible.

Tried different approaches that didn't require modification of the stock controls, but was not satisfied. Finally gave-up and had to bend one control arm and drill a few holes.

I fabricated some custom brackets to mount the Vintage air controls and connected them to the control arms with pushrods. (See Pics)

The rubber pads prevent rattles.

post-15388-14150811278183_thumb.jpg

post-15388-14150811278484_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

That is so nice! Excellent! I desparately wanted to do the same thing when I did my VA install. I used the black faced slider controls at least to retain as much of the stock appearance as possible.

I'm assuming you're going to use the stock fan switch in place of the 3 position VA fan switch too? As long as you keep their hi-speed relay and if the internal contacts are clean, it should perform fine.

How are you handling the separate hot and cold controls that the VA panel has? The stock panel only has one slider that does the cold to hot transition. A linkage that swaps from one to the other would be incredible cool (or hot!!)

And as I read the other two posts it all becomes clear! Fantastic work!

Great work. Nice to see

Edited by zKars

I wanted my HVAC controls for my aftermarket Vintage Air unit to look as close to "stock" as possible.

Tried different approaches that didn't require modification of the stock controls, but was not satisfied. Finally gave-up and had to bend one control arm and drill a few holes.

I fabricated some custom brackets to mount the Vintage air controls and connected them to the control arms with pushrods. (See Pics)

ROFL I LOVE THAT!!!!!!!!

That is great!

• 5 years later...

i am almost ready but still need to know which controls you purchased to accomplish this modification? Which supplier? I really want to be able to use the stock controls and not open any additional holes to the dashboard. Please advise!

• 2 weeks later...

Julio,

Any additional pictures please!!! I want to know what should i remove and what should i keep behind the heater control panel.