IGNORED

Bolt sizes?

hatepotholez

Hi Everyone,

I purchased a 72 240z project and now I'm trying to put it together. The PO has bolts all over the place and in misc bags. As of now I am installing the steering column and the radiator. I bought some bolts from Black dragon but they do now have the bolts for the steering column to the firewall, or the radiator bolts(shroud and firewall). Does anyone have a list of sizes for all the bolts?

Thanks for your help!

You can look up the bolts in the parts manual. See link

Datsun 240Z/260Z/280Z Steering Column (Collapsible Type)

For example the Steering column to firewall bolts are Pos#18, M6x1.0. P/N: 08120-61610. 4 pieces.

Another method is to check the torque specification in the FSM and compare that to the torque table from Nissan. That table has the bolts and strength grade number; 4, 7 or 9. That number is in the head of the original Nissan bolts. Then you need to find the bolts with the right length.

The example above would be "C" in the steering column 3.9 - 5.4ft-lb and the bolt table with the closest bolt is M6x1.0 Grade 7 (4.3 - 5.1ft-lb)

post-26512-1415082921287_thumb.jpg

Chas

post-26512-14150829212516_thumb.jpg

Datsun Torque Specifications.pdf

Edited by EuroDat
Added bolts and sterring attachments

You can look up the bolts in the parts manual. See link

Datsun 240Z/260Z/280Z Steering Column (Collapsible Type)

For example the Steering column to firewall bolts are Pos#18, M6x1.0. P/N: 08120-61610. 4 pieces.

Another method is to check the torque specification in the FSM and compare that to the torque table from Nissan. That table has the bolts and strength grade number; 4, 7 or 9. That number is in the head of the original Nissan bolts. Then you need to find the bolts with the right length.

The example above would be "C" in the steering column 3.9 - 5.4ft-lb and the bolt table with the closest bolt is M6x1.0 Grade 7 (4.3 - 5.1ft-lb)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]72459[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]72460[/ATTACH]

Chas

Thank you Chas for this. This is exactly what I was looking for.