IGNORED

Rechromed Taillight trim and misc. plastic parts

9teen7t240z

Some time ago, I sent a couple of boxes of Z parts (mostly taillight trim pieces and metal logos/emblems) overseas to be replated. I was in the process of restoring my Series 1 240Z and had acquired quite a few extra pieces over the years. Overall, I was quite pleased with the quality of the work and the prices for the services were unbeatable.

Since that time, I have had alot of requests from fellow Z car owners to keep them advised of any future plans to send more parts over for rechroming. Well, it seems that I can finally move forward with project as I do have an opportunity to pull together another run, should there be sufficient volume to justify the expense. So, if any of you wish to have YOUR cores rechromed and painted in accordance with the terms as detailed below, please get back to me as soon as possible so that I can gauge if there is sufficient interest to justify the run.

Requirements:

Cost: $100. per set of two taillight trim pieces (240z)

$140. per set of two tailight trim pieces (260-280z)

All cores must be in undamaged condition and must be set (Left and right) pieces

Full payment must be received with cores in advance of scheduled production run

You will need to allow 3-4 weeks for the entire process (from receipt of cores)

The prices above are for taillight trim pieces only.....please let me know if you have any other chroming needs and I will get a cost estimate back to you

If I am able to pull together enough orders to schedule a run, the first run will be started in early October (next month). The next opportunity after that will be in mid December.

If you are interested in this service, please let me know as soon as possible. Also, let me know if you'll have multiple pieces to be rechromed or have any other rechroming needs. You may reply here or to my personal email@

stoogeman_1999@yahoo.com

Thank you,

Mike

Hi, Mike,

In order to minimize additional handling expenses on "both sides of the pond", I had originally contemplated simply replacing the customers core with a replated "like" product. That is the reason for specifying that cores all be undamaged and be complete. However, I've since learned that we can keep expenses down and still return the individual customer's parts, should they so desire.

With regard to preparation, all prep work will be completed by the replating company. It is not necessary to clean the parts or remove previous layer of chrome, as that is included in our service. The same would apply to any other parts that you may wish to replate.

Refurbishing the original metal emblems (logos) from Datsun would cost around $60.00 each piece. This would include rechroming of the emblem and repainting the emblem to match the original pieces. I can provide a more exact price upon your request.

Other products that I've had replated in the past include items such as original "D" hubcaps, and all of the metal buckles from the seat belts and cargo straps. If anyone is interested in getting quotes on these products, please let me know. Time permitting, I'll try to shoot a few pics of the cargo strap buckles and post them here later today.

Mike, I hope that I've answered your questions. Thank you for your interest.

Mike

Mike,

I'm definitely interested in having a pair of taillight surrounds for a late 260 rechromed. Your price sounds reasonable as compared to others that have quoted this to me. I also have a spare set ready to go so I don't even have to remove the existing ones on the car.

Let me know when you are ready as well as the process you are going to use to complete this.

Thanks.

Mike.

Hi, Mike,

Thanks for your reply. I have been receiving quite a few orders for the October run and anticipate that we will have no difficulty reaching the target minimums......probably by early next week. Once the threshold has been crossed, I'll send detailed instructions and shipping addresses, invoices, etc. to you via email.

As a reminder to all, we can re-chrome virtually any part that you may need to restore. (For the time being, I am excluding bumpers due to their size and weight....but do plan to offer that service in the future). Therefore, if you wish to get quotes on any other plastic or metal Z parts, OR need some eblems replated on your classic Edsel (LOL).....feel free to request a quote.

Mike

I've received a number of questions regarding shipping and handling costs for the re-chroming services. Please note that the prices quoted at the beginning of the thread include shipment and handling to all U.S. customers. For those of you in the States, these are NET prices. Unfortunately, there will have to be additional charges for shipment and handling for those of you outside of the country, as freight costs will be higher and there may be duties required by your customs agencies. However, I will provide an allowance to help offset those costs.

Sorry for the lack of specificity in the original post.

Thanks,

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

As an update to this thread, we have now reached a sufficient number of order commitments to follow-through with the October shipment. All pieces to be re-chromed will be shipped from California to the plating facility on October 15th. For everyone who wants to get in on this group buy, I will need to receive your parts to be replated no later than Monday, October 8th. The process will flow as follows:

1. Contact me via private message or direct by email to confirm your orders. At that point, I will email you shipping addresses and contact info, payment processing instructions, and , upon receipt of your parts, will send you a receipt and invoice. For the mutual convenience and protection of all parties, all payments will be processed through Paypal.

2. Each persons order will be catalogued and packaged individually, ensuring that your own actual parts will be returned to you after the refurbishing.

3. Prices include return shipment to you (U.S. orders only) by USPS flat-rate boxes. Should you wish an alternative shipping mode, customer must advise at the time of order so that any incremental costs can be added to the invoice. Please note that we have a minimum order of $100. per order

4. Prices are as stated in the original post on this thread, EXCEPT for emblems. We have since negotiated a flat-rate price of $45.00 for each emblem. As with all other parts, this price includes the final refurbishment/painting to original specifications and colors.

I believe that this should answer all of the questions received regarding this group buy. Please keep in mind the cut-off date of October 8th when planning your parts shipment. Thanks again for all of your interest.....I hope to be able to do this again in the future for all of my fellow Z enthusiasts.

Mike R.

Update: Due to the number of orders that continue to come in, I have moved the cut-off date for receipt of parts to be plated to Friday, October 19th. This will allow some extra time for you guys to remove your parts and ship them, and will make it easier for those of you in the UK and Europe to get them here before the "ship sails". I can still accept new orders through that date.

Also, one of the members has graciously offered up a set of bumpers to be used as a "guinea pig" for the re-chroming of bumpers. I was reluctant to offer plating of bumpers until I've had one done and was able to assess the quality of the work myself. Will keep everyone posted on the results of this effort, as several of you have asked me about bumpers specifically.

Mike