cbfoo82's Content - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

cbfoo82

New Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by cbfoo82

  1. I have a 240Z build date 12/70 and I have what I think is the series 1 z-car rear end vibration. To date I have replaced all bushings, struts, and u-joints (including half shaft u-joints). I have heard that later 240Z's had there rear differentials moved back 2 inches and the driveshaft lengthened or shortened (can't remember) to curb this problem. Is there a kit or mod that can be done to stop this horrible vibration. Between 65 and 70mph I get a solid rumble in the rear. Thanks, Colin
  2. I had the same problem with my 1970 240Z and after doing everything listed except the pipe extension... I was ready to sell the car out of pure frustration. Then one day I figured what the hell and just jury-rigged an extension together and damn if that didn't get rid of all the fumes with the windows down!! Now like BR-Z I have to "pretty-up" my extended exhaust pipe....I hope he finds the exact length so I can get the perfect tip on my new exhaust pipe!!:nervous:
  3. cbfoo82 replied to AndysPlit's topic in History
    Ok I finnally got the vin# - HLS30467711 ...about 2000 or so cars from the end.
  4. cbfoo82 replied to AndysPlit's topic in History
    I just bought a 1978 280Z on Ebay with a 6/78 bulid date....maybe I have one of the last....gotta check that vin. From what I understand it was a CT car...so at lease I know it isn't a CA car with a smog check. I'll try to post a picture.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.