IGNORED

C110/240K coupe over fenders

JMT240KGTR

Fellas,

I may be able to source the above from another supplier.

As I can't get my hands on the original moulds anymore, this gentleman has suggested getting a ballpark figure of how many sets of these would be sold if he made moulds up from my old flares.

Apparently making the moulds is expensive, so he won't bother doing this for just 1-2 sets.

An expression of interest would be good from anyone who would purchase these.

I'll then provide him with how many sets people want and he can decide from there whether it's worth his while.

By the way, I was able to buy mine

(set of 4) for $140 last year, not sure on the going price this time round.

Feedback appreciated, James.

You could try Challenge Fibreglass in Melbourne (+613) 9822 2998 I bought some zed bits off him and he had a wierd variety of stuff there - cast directly from the ye olde moulds. Old Celica, mini, z, 1600 etc etc bits.. quite reasonably priced too (I thought).

I realise you're in NZ, but surely they must be able to ship???

Hey !

Was just notified by email of the new message, plus I saw you PM'd me.

Gee recommended Challenge fibreglass in Melbourne, heres the latest;

I told him I'm able to get my hands back on the flares I had made last year, he can make a mould out of these and use this to make many more sets of flares from.

I've been in touch with the owner of my old 240K and he's said "no problem, borrow the flares". So I have to tee up a time to pick them up and bring them to Challenge F'glass (Phil). He told me he will forego the cost of making the moulds so that he can use them for future projects, pretty good bloke by the sounds of it.

So hopefully this Friday evening I can have an answer for you guys and let you know what kind of price we're looking at and turnaround times.

Keep you posted, cheers.

you know what we should do....

we should get a hold of GTR fender mirrors and maybe ask Phil to make a copy of it? fiberglass but we can dip chrome it I know someone who chromes plastic so wont be a problem chroming fiberglass too!!!

cos Im having a hard time sourcing that mirror

Originally posted by JMT240KGTR

Hey !

Was just notified by email of the new message, plus I saw you PM'd me.

Gee recommended Challenge fibreglass in Melbourne, heres the latest;

I told him I'm able to get my hands back on the flares I had made last year, he can make a mould out of these and use this to make many more sets of flares from.

I've been in touch with the owner of my old 240K and he's said "no problem, borrow the flares". So I have to tee up a time to pick them up and bring them to Challenge F'glass (Phil). He told me he will forego the cost of making the moulds so that he can use them for future projects, pretty good bloke by the sounds of it.

So hopefully this Friday evening I can have an answer for you guys and let you know what kind of price we're looking at and turnaround times.

Keep you posted, cheers.

James,

Sounds excellent, in your next contact with them, would you be able to maybe see if you can find out whether they'll send some over to little old me in NZ and if so, how much it'd be all up?

Flares with the Watanabes would be fantastic that'd leave me with only having to get the chin spoiler as far as external cosmetics go. Ideally I want the proper boot spoiler too but mine will do for a while at least.

No worries Michael,

Will see whether he can help out regarding the freight to NZ.

As for the mirrors, sounds good, anyone got a set in Oz??:ermm:

Just one thing on the flares though, and no offence to you Michael, those new wheels of yours look great, but when the flares are fitted, you'll need to go at least 7"- 8" wide with a nice, deep dish. The 6" wheels will look lost inside the flares, I know I tried my 280zx series 2 rims in there, look good side on but front and rear views were a little odd. Anyway I'm sure you've thought about it and considered it all, cheers.

I recently bought a set of 15 X 7 rims with a deep chrome dish, these will be fitted to the K when I tub the rears and go flared.

Pics available soon, fingers crossed :classic:

James,

Yeah, I had already thought of them sitting quite far inside the flares but they shall have to do until I can afford some dished Watanabes for front and rear, 6.5-7" for the front and 8-9" for the rear would be my choice. :love:

If I had of bought bigger rims earlier (not that I can afford them) then I wouldn't be able to legally use them in NZ without the flares anyway so getting the flares first even if I have to put up with skinny wheels for a while is the only real option. :classic:

I think Lachlan has got or is getting a proper set of C110 mirrors, he may let you use them if you ask nicely enough.

Razor

A proper GTR has gloss black fender mirrors anyway so you wouldn't want them to be chromed.