IGNORED

I am puzzled on this one

Caen Fred

1973 Tour De Corse. ( the island of Corsica - French territory, for those who might be wondering ).

Crewed by Y. Nishimura & A. Tanaka.

Fairlady 240Z - privateer car / privateer entry. Not a "Works" built car - but it had lots of Nissan Sports Option parts on it.

Sponsored by Winston tobacco brand and Esso.They were journalists.

They actually finished the rally ( no mean feat on its own ) and came in something like 18th as far as I remember.

Alan T.

:classic:

Thank Alan!

This was my report about it.

Well if you ask me, and you did. It is perhaps the same car as shown in my attachment.

‘My’ car where used in 1974 by Schuler and Weitman in the Hugenotten Ralley, they have the same wheels arches as ‘your’ car. The mirrors are gone but the deck plates are instead.

But if they used it in 73, the 'my' 74 car must be right!!!!

post-1340-14150793472312_thumb.jpg

No Guus,

Two completely different cars.

The car that Schuller / Weitman used on the Hugenotten Ralley was "TKS 33 SA 8514" ( a full "Works" car built in Japan ) - which Fall & Wood drove on the 1973 Monte Carlo Rally.

It came back to Old Woking Service Station in the UK after the Hugenotten. Quite distinctive with its Overfenders and the sponsorship from "Nippon Speed Car". It must have had the Overfenders fitted after the Monte.

Here's a pic:

post-2116-14150793472583_thumb.jpg