2" SU CARBS on an L28 - Carburetor Central - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

2" SU CARBS on an L28

Featured Replies

Has anyone had any experience fitting 2" SU's to an L28 Motor.

Why would you want to put carbs on a fuel injected engine? All of the L28s came out fuel injected...

Cheers

Chris Beattie

  • 3 weeks later...

Bill I am doing this vary thing. I have dumped the FI as this F-54 is going in my 240 . I contacted Z therapy and bought a set of SM needles. I think it depends on what you are intending for the car . Street driver , this is what I am after. If for compitition thats another thing and you might look to tripples for top end performance . Gary

I had Jag 2" SUs on my 3.1 for a while. Top end pull was improved somewhat, but I never really had them properly dialled in. IIRC, with the 2"ers it no longer ran out of steam at 6000rpm. The switch from 2"ers to triples was much more significant than going from stock Hitachi SU clones to the 2"ers, but like I said, I never really tuned them properly (i.e., with a dyno).

  • Author

I have acquired a set of 2" Sus from a Jag. I thought i would try them for street use. I will try the SM needles. It is for an L28 in a 240z. I also have a 260z inlet manifold which i believe is better fot the bigger carbs than the 240z manifold, Thanks for the feedback

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I have been hearing that about the 36 intake for years but havent seen any dyno data to back it up. No et times showing any difference either , of cource this would be open to question. Gary

Yeah but the difference between the E88 and N36 manifold is nothing spectacular. The big difference comes from porting them.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.