IGNORED

Speedo Gear Info

texasz

If anyone is looking to buy a speedo gear to match their 3.9 rearend this part is still available from Nissan dealers for $12.47 + tax. I just picked mine up! The part number is 32703-78103, if you have read the zgarage website this is the white one with 19 teeth.

Hope this helps someone out there.

• 3 years later...

Digging up an old thread but that's what search is for isn't it?

So I'm planning to buy a 73 240z in the next few days and it's missing it's speedo cog. You have the part number for the 19 tooth cog but what about the yellow 16 tooth cog for a 3.364 rear end?

I would look it up myself but haven't boughten any manuals yet as getting the z depends on two variables out of my control.

Wow!

I must have good Charma!

I was just getting ready to research this very part!

I just thought about it and "poof" :laugh:here it is!

I'm thinking about my car being ready for Daytona now-I guess I better wait a few minutes before I head to the garage!ROFL

Will

• 2 months later...
I bought a 76 280Z with an 83 motor and tranny swap about a month ago and I suspect the speedos a little off.

I have the original differential with the new tranny. Could I have the wrong cog wheel?

You need the black one (17T) 32703-78101 for the stock 3.54 rear end. If the tranny came out of and 83 it probably has the white (19T). I know how everybody seems to love Courtesy Parts but I get my stuff from nissanparts.cc. They seem to be able to get parts that Coutresy says are NLA and their prices are a little better.