IGNORED

Side underskirts

XYZ

Hi gang- I've got a question regarding side underskirt attachments. My car has aluminum rocket panels attached to it that I would like to remove. I don't want to repaint the vehicle as the paint is in great shape (for 30yrs) but I would like to remove the potential for rust behind the aluminum panels. Does anyone know if the urethane side skirts come as high up on the rocker panel as the aluminum ones I have? If so, are these skirts water tight or am I trading one type of water catch for another? My car is listed in the members rides section if your curious as too what I'm talking about. Thanks for the feedback.

I believe by the pictures I have seen the urethane underskirts will come up as high as what you have. I don't know exactly how they attach but I would guess they stick on at the top edge with double sided tape. Kinda like most factory fender flares do on new vehicles. I think it would be possible to drill some drain holes in them from the bottom so they wouldn't be noticeable to let any water that does get under them to drain out. At least with an air space in under them it would be better than the aluminum ones that would trap it against the metal. Of course someone who has a set could tell you better, as I have not gotten a set yet.