Cylinder Head rebuild tips - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Cylinder Head rebuild tips

Featured Replies

I am planning on calling in a favor from my old boss who owes me money to have his friend (owns a local machine shop) to refresh my cylinder head (E88) and install a new cam. I was wondering what oddball things he'll need to be especially careful of when redoing this head like not removing the came towers? I know I really should have a shop familiar with Datsuns work on this but hey, it's free?

Craig,

I refer you to this old discussion with respect to removal of the cam towers.

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10076&highlight=cam+tower+shims

Some of the thread may not apply to you, as this was about E31 heads, and I suggest you look at a couple of books and manuals about surfacing the deck and aligning the cam in the towers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.