Alcantra - Interior - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Alcantra

Featured Replies

I have seriously been considering covering my old interior pieces (Including the cracked dash) in Alcantra. Has anyone ever tried to do anything similar? I like the clean, smooth, look and it would definately help eliminate glare off the dash. The Porsche RUF Turbo has interior pieces in Alcantra (if I remember correctly) and I love it!

hmm, never heard of Alcantra, can you post any links?

I have had all my interior (except the dash) done in tan vinal and the seats done in tan leather + new custom made floor and boot carpets.

Looks smooth, soft and sexy. Like a pair of knee high boots.:love:

Alcantara is actually a synthetic suede if i'm not mistaken. It was an option on my Audi S4 seats.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

hmm, I've only once seen this type of material on a dash, it was so long ago I can't even remember if it was even the same (in a Diablo SVR), can't seem to find any pictures on the net.

I didn't think much of it but that's just my personal opinion, there obviously must be a lot of people who do as there are so many options for it in other cars.

Isn't the Alcantra the Skyline wagon? Something like that....

steve77

The Nissan Wagon that uses the same running gear as the Skyline is the Stagea, unless of course you're thinking of a specific name for one of the earlier Skyline Wagons/Estates, the C10, C110, C210 (I think) and R30 came in a wagon, not so sure about the R31 but it probably did, then came the R32 and wagons disappeared into the Stagea.

I don't think any of the earlier wagons had particular names but I could be mistaken.

  • Author
Alcantara is actually a synthetic suede if i'm not mistaken. It was an option on my Audi S4 seats.

You, sir, are not mistaken. I think it's more of a european thing to use Alcantara on the interior. I haven't seen it on seats, just dashes. I'll see if I can't find that article with the RUF in it and scan some pics.

Keith

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.