IGNORED

Inner panel plastic rivets

rlucier

FYI, there are two sizes of the plastic rivets used on various parts in the 240Z. I think the depth of each is the same but the heads are different sizes, one is probably 1/4" and the other is about 7/16". I probably could get them from Nissan too! They are reusable if you don't loose the little center cylinder when you pop them out.

Have fun!

Another source is the Datsun Dude at: z@datsundude.com

I've bought many parts from him and they are all Original Nissan parts. His prices are excellent! There are but a few parts that he's had to get from after market suppliers, but trust me the quality and performance is equal to or BETTER than the original parts.

You're welcome to use my name Enrique Scanlon, but doubt that it will get you or me a better price. And no, I don't get anything for it, just passing on the name of an honest Z part supplier who is ALSO a Z enthusiast. (Get him to send you a picture of his baby and get ready to drool) I've found that some of the hardest to find replacement parts he HAS, and ORIGINAL NEW STOCK, not OLD stock. Don't know how he does it, but you would do yourself a disservice not to check with him.

I also found that the rivets can be obtained at the Lowe's hardware stores, in the specialty fastener section, and I went there to buy some. The cost is about 79¢ for two, but there is a hitch, the hole size is just a tad bigger than the Nissan rivet. Yes you may get them in, but they will be a bear to get out once you spread the rivet. I don't recall what he sold me the rivets for, but let me just say that I bought 50 of them. So the price must have been equivalent to Lowe's but I got the ORIGINAL part.

My two cents.

Enrique Scanlon