IGNORED

rear body panel

pauls240z

hello to all. i have a 73 240z which is going through a restro. right now and i need to replace the rear body panel. i have talked to local dealers and they say there are no longer available i have checked the internet with no luck. my question to you all is can anyone help with either links phone numbers anything that might guide me in my endless search. i really apprecate any help

paul:D

I think you may be SOL on that panel, I'm not be a smart a-- but I believe that has been NLA for quite a few years. I know I tried to get one from MSA about 6 or 7 years ago and it wasn't available then. You might as well start combing the parts cars for a decent replacement. There is one place in the links section in the UK that has some body parts ( namely the rad. core support) that we can't seem to get here, it's just a thought. Unless someone else has a hidden source somewhere I think you are stuck with used.

Little early to announce this, but I have a short tutorial already photographed, but not written up yet, on 240Z rear panel removal process. Preview image of some interest to this discussion can be seen half way down page at this link Coming Attractions at ZPARTS.COM

btw, it is my understanding that only the top shelf-like portion of older original panel is available from Nissan these days. For some unknown reason this piece seems to most often be referenced for sale in Europe, but I belief some persons have been able to order it through MSA also. Call them to verify this.

Eric Neyerlin - owner of ZPARTS.COM